Gift for Couples First Christmas

I get compliments everytime I give this bridle shower gift. I fill a box of christmas ornaments for the bride and grooms first Christmas. I pick out special ones that go with their personalities. I have picked out beach themed ornaments for my friends whose life revolves around the beach. It's fun to do and special for them.

By Beachers from West Covina, CA

For a great wedding or shower gift, buy Christmas ornaments on sale after the holiday. When invited to a wedding or shower, fill a basket (you can purchase one at a thrift store) and fill it with ornaments for the couple's first Christmas.

By Rose

At after-holiday sales, pick up one or two nice decorations until you have an assortment that covers all the holidays. Include even holidays like St. Patrick's & July 4th. This assortment makes a useful & unique shower, wedding or house warming gift! I like to include window cling decorations in the assortment. These can be purchased even b/4 the holiday for $1, otherwise you risk not getting them. If you know of an upcoming event, start the year b/4 to be able to collect all holidays' decorations.

For my daughter who just recently got married...I did what Rose suggested to do in her posting. Last Christmas she was engaged on Christmas Day...so the Christmas sales were just starting and I bought a rubbermaid container and filled it with..... a large set of silver balls for a future tree, mini lights, her collection of ornaments that we had given her throughout the years, Christmas napkins, Christmas stockings (one for him and one for her), etc. She loved it. Now, she has a container to put future Christmas purchases into ('cause I didn't totally fill it) and she has some stuff already to use for decorating their apartment with this year...their first Christmas as newlyweds.

I had never seen this done as a bridal shower gift before and all who saw her open it thought that the "Christmas stuff" idea was absolutely wonderful. (when she had 5 showers I, of course... as her mom... had to and wanted to attend all of them and give a gift at each...I was glad for this idea).

A couple with a Christmas gift.
Christmas Gift Ideas for Couples
Holidays and Parties Gifts Bridal ShowerOctober 3, 2005
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A bride with gifts.
Gift Ideas for Newlyweds
🎉
🎄