Tuna Treats For Cats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat, dry, powdered milk
- 1/2 can tuna, in oil OR 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil OR cod liver oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- catnip (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mash the tuna (or chicken) into smaller pieces. Then add flour and milk. Mix well.
- After all is mixed, pour in water and oil. Mix well again.
- Next beat egg in separate dish until egg gets a foamy texture. Add to mix. Mix well.
- The dough mix will be sticky, so don't worry. Using your fingers, shape dough into small bite size balls about the size of a marble. Put balls on greased cookie sheets. Flatten balls with hand. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove treats from oven; wait five minutes and turn treats over so other side will cook. Bake 10 more minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Place treats on cookie rack to cool. Cool for 15 minutes.
NEVER give treats to your pet right after cooking. You can add the catnip in the recipe or sprinkle on top of treats. They like it either way. Store in air tight container in refrigerator or cool dry place. Makes approximately 60 treats.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on September 19, 2016 at 3:33:05 AM on 10.0.0.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us