Use Aspirin In Laundry For Underarm Stains

I've seen several requests recently regarding removing those ugly yellow sweat stains from clothing. I heard this tip this morning and thought it might help someone.

Use one plain, regular-strength, crushed aspirin per half cup of hot water. Dissolve the aspirin in the water. Soak clothes in this for a couple of hours and wash as usual. The stains should be gone.

Source: "The CBS Early Show, this morning's tip segment.

By JustPlainJo from Springfield, OH

This sounds interesting! Did they say why it works or do you happen to know why it works? I have a couple of light colored t-shirts that this happens to because of the medication I take and maybe doing this will help? I don't have aspirin on hand though so am hoping to find out more before spending the money. :-)

Hmm...I don't recall the reasoning being mentioned. Aspirin is simply salicylic acid. After all, acids are designed to break down things, including stains, presumably. You could probably find one of those little sample-sized bottles of plain, regular-strength aspirin for about $1 at most stores. I even used to see them at the gas stations I frequented. Try it, if you will, and let me know how it works for you, okay?

sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsApril 19, 2010
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry