Cabbage Recipes

I am looking for cabbage recipes.

By Joe from Hamilton, ON

This is a great website for all kinds of recipes. Just use the search box at the top of the site.

http://www.recipezaar.com

KFC Cole Slaw from Top Secret Recipes:

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/rec ... d=&login=yes&id=57&page=

Hey Joe- something I like to do with cabbage is slice it thinly and add it to cooked egg noodles and chopped up onion in a pan with butter or oil (not too much) and fry it all together for 10 min. or so, you can even add some powdered boullion to the mix or powdered onion soup, maybe top it off with a dollop of sour cream, yum-

I love to slice it up and fry it in a skillet with just a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Then I take a little bit of wine, cider or flavored vinegar to give it a hint of flavor and cover it and let it get tender. Sometimes I add some smoked sausage to it and a little onion is good too. Quick and easy and a nice side dish without the sausage.

A good and tasty way to use cabbabge is slice it thinly like a slaw. Cook in a small amount of water to desired tenderness drain,slightly. Add 1 pkg cream cheese, 1 tsp celery seed and mix well.Great as a side dish. It is called Quick Creamy Cabbage.

I was making Italian beef one day and threw in a head of cabbage and just let it cook the whole time. It was great.

I love it shredded and simply coated with sesame oil vinaigrette :-)

Colcannon is quick and easy. cabbage (steamed/boiled very tender), mashed potatoes, cream, butter (I put in cream cheese) and sometimes the crisp fat from a baked corned beef

Cut the cabbage into bite size pieces, in large skillet melt a some bacon grease then add cabbage, meanwhile cook some noodles. Once the cabbage has cooked down and become tender add salt, pepper and some garlic salt. In a large serving bowl toss the cabbage and noodles together. I never have any of this leftover.

Coleslaw is easy, shred cabbage and carrots finely, add herbal salt and mayonnaise and mix well and serve.

Shred cabbage fine, rinse and set aside. Heat a little oil, add onion, one dry chilli till light brown, add little mustard seeds and cumin seeds and put into oil then add the cabbage and salt to taste and cook till done. Serve with rice or bread.

Skillet Dinner:

Brown "Lean" hamburger (about 1 to 1-1/2 lbs)

Add one chopped onion and let it brown with hamburger

Drain any excess grease

Add 1 can stewed cut tomatoes

1 can Rotel

2 cans nacho or cheddar cheese soup

Blend together

Add 1 small head chopped cabbage

Simmer until cabbage is tender

Serve with hot cornbread.

Cabbage Roulades
Recipes Using Cabbage
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesMarch 19, 2010
Storing Cabbage
Storing Cabbage
ready to serve garbanzo bean stew
Cabbage Stew Recipes
Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
🎉
🎄