Dilute Ultra Dish Soaps to Save Money

This is a tip/reminder that can save money. Do you remember when the ultra dish soaps came out? At that time the manufacturers said to dilute the soap, using, I believe, 2 parts soap and one part water. I have a bottle on my counter that I add dish soap to with the water in those amounts. I have noticed on the brand I buy, it does not now mention adding the water but it still says 'ultra' so I add it anyway. I think this was done because instead of using a small amount of soap, women would give a long squeeze of the liquid onto their sponge or dishrag. It saves on the total amount of soap used. If you haven't tried it, you should.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

I don't even worry about 2 to 1.

Even before the Ultras came out, I have always started to add water to my dishsoap bottle as soon as it got down a a couple of inches. It reduces the amount used. When it gets about half way down, I refill it to the top. When it gets really low I add more water to enable the last of it to come out easily.

I know this sounds funny, but I find it works in addition to the dilution of Ultras. I only fill the soap half way up the bottle. I do (not intentionally at least) not use as much thinking the "end of the bottle" is almost near.

I am the person at church that keeps the dish soap filled from refill containers and notice if I do not keep the soap only half full less soap is used. I don't understand why, but since I am the person refilling and throwing out the refill bottles I know less is used!

redbeard

redbeard

hands washing a cup
Saving Money on Dish Soap
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJanuary 30, 2009
Sewing Machine
Repairing a Kenmore Ultra Stitch Sewing Machine
HummingbirdFeeder
Protecting a Hummingbird Feeder from Rain
hand soap dispenser
Refilling Hand Soap Dispensers
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
🎉
🎄