Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Stopping the Itch from Chigger Bites

If you get a chigger bite, take a oatmeal bath. It really works. Thanks!

By Jason from Vineland, NJ

I use the acne treatment medicines Neutrogena Body Clear lotion is great . Or use. the cleansers it helps reduce itching and swelling.

I have chigger bites all over my ankles I have tried everything. I came on here to see what I can use. I will write back more later to tell you what works the best.

I made a trip to Oklahoma as a teen and learned what chiggers were as well as the correct term for fireflys, "Lightin' Bugs"! LOL ! I never heard of the bleach solution before. My aunt ran a bath for me loaded with salt and that took care of the problem for me. As far as the "skeeters" go I dab a bit of ammonia on the bites and voila, no more itch. I have purchased commercial products for mosquito bites and primary ingredient is ammonia. Have a good summer!

Gale from Ca.

I made a trip to Okalhoma as a teen and learned what chiggers were as well as the correct term for fireflys, "Lightin' Bugs". LOL! I have never heard of the bleach solution before. My aunt ran a bath for loaded with salt and that took care of the problem for me. As far as the "skeeters" go I dab a bit of ammonia on the bites and voila, no more itch. I have purchased commercial products for mosquito bites and primary ingredient is ammonia. Have a good summer!

Gale from Ca.

A substance just like bleach is in swimming pools, and you can disinfect drinking water with a few drops of bleach, so I support this advise. Never thought of it.

A week ago I went to a park in Texas. I was walking outside while a man was mowing the grass and there was pollen floating everywhere. After the park I went home and I forgot to take a shower since I felt passed out. Next morning my leg, ankle, hip, butt, and underwear line was itching like crazy. They ended up being those darn chigger bites! I went searching on Internet to find a solution to help with the itching. I tried almost everything that they said would help. Nothing did! My mom finally helped me. I want to share this with you because this really works!! Put ice.... Yes, ICE!!! First take a shower to rinse and clean. Apply ice on the itching bump and hold it there for a min or 2. It will numb the itch. Do NOT scratch! Do not touch. Make little movement. If it itches again, do it again. It works:) you can also try putting Carmex or hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide will only bubble if your bleeding.

It helps for a little bit also if you get aloe like you use on sunscreen, and then itching cream, and putting that in a bath. I used this and it works really well. Also just putting the aloe on helps, not as well as the bath, but it still works.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesOctober 18, 2010
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Mosquito Bite Remedies
Mosquito Bite Remedies
Mosquito Bites
Treating Insect Bites and Stings
Chigger on Leaf
Remedies for Chigger Bites
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 6:29:09 PM on 10.0.1.151 in 964 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.