Cleaning an Old Christening Gown

I have a 93 year old christening dress that has yellow stains on it. How do I get them out gently?

By Ruby from Reading, MA

Google Sharon's solution it will do just what you want.

Fill sink 3/4 full of water and add 14-18oz hydrogen peroxide, let it soak a few hours. Should not harm fabric.

May 8, 2010 Flag

I have an old Christening gown that has been hanging in the furnace room for quite some time. I need to use it for my new granddaughter. It has turned slightly yellow especially the top part around the collar and chest. It was never completely white, but the old fashion off white. What can I do? I have washed it, but I am afraid to play around with it because of it being so delicate. Thanks.

By Carolyn from Lake George, NY

Cleaning an Old Christening Gown

I have used Oxiclean to clean and brighten old dresser scarves, doll clothes, and such. I soak them in the kitchen sink, occasionally swishing them around. Let it soak for as long as it needs to look good, rinse well and dry flat. Good luck. (01/21/2010)

By suem1009

Cleaning an Old Christening Gown

Wash and hang in the sun. May take a couple of times. Good luck. (01/21/2010)

By boobaboo

Christening Gown
Cleaning a Old Christening Gown
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingMay 8, 2010
Altering a Wedding Gown
Altering a Wedding Gown
Baptism Gift Idea
Baptism Gift Ideas
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys