Reuse Receipts as Note Paper

A lot of cash register receipts that you get are blank on the back. Save them, and use them for grocery lists, for listing the next movie that you want to watch, to write down something that you need to get uptown, or to write down a phone number. I save mine and turn them back side up and put them under a strong magnet on the fridge.

Now if I need a piece of paper to write down something or list something that I need, I just take one piece of cash register paper out from under the magnet, write down what I need, and put it in my purse. No more forgetting what I came uptown for.

By Cassie

I hate to discourage reuse of 'waste' paper, but if the receipt is (as many are) thermally printed, the paper is coated with BPA (bisphenol A), the notorious chemical that was in baby bottles not long ago and in some water bottles.

It's been said the doses, as you transfer the BPA from hand to kitchen tool or plate to your or your family's mouths, are far greater than those from plastic containers.So, if I get a receipt from a thermal printer, I put it in a baggie I have for that purpose, and wash my hands as soon after that as possible. (A good idea anyway, when picking up random germs from hundreds or thousands of others.) A mechanical printer doesn't have that problem at all, but such printers cost more, so are used less.

I was also going to say that thermally printed receipts contain BPA. I have only used them in an emergency, when I had nothing else to write on. You should never touch your face or food after handling them, and should wash hands right away.

BPA is also in the linings of food cans. When you open a can, it's important to use the entire contents immediately. Never leave unused portions in an open can, as that's when the chemicals in the linings or solder can leach into the food. Unused portions should be transferred to a clean glass jar or plastic container, and used as soon as possible.

An envelope made from recycled paper.
Reusing Paper
Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 16, 2011
Crochet Owl Note Hanger
Making a Crochet Owl Note Hanger
Note Hanger
Homemade Note Hangers
Post-It Notes
Making a Post-It Note Holder
Flower Pot Note Holder
Making a Flower Pot Note Holder
🎉
🎄