Sewing Machine Needle Not Catching Bobbin Thread

Does anyone know anything about sewing machines? The bobbin thread isn't being picked up by the needle. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it was working fine. It is possible, not sure, but the needle doesn't seem to be going down as far as it should. I am mighty confused. Please help.

By shivvers from Ireland

Best Answer

When I have that problem, I have found it works to hold the thread in the needle to the left while you put the needle down to pick up the bobbin thread. Sometimes it is still hard to see if the bobbin thread has come up and when that happens I take a darning needle and run it under the pressure foot and the bobbin thread is there, just needed a little help for me to see it and straighten it out.

Anonymous
Best Answer

If redhatterb's suggestion doesn't work, you might have the bobbin turned the wrong direction. Also, try removing the top thread and rethreading the sewing machine.

Hi. I recently bought a mini 9933 sewing machine. Its a waste of money in my opinion to buy these mini ones cz since i got mine havent stitched anything! I discovered there is no bobbin thread underneath so the needle just goes up n down making stitches that open up cz theres no thread down to "catch" can anyone help? Why doesnt my mini have a place fr a bobbin

Best Answer

Try changing the needle for a new one. I don't know why but this usually works for me.

Anonymous

Thanks for this. Had tried everything without success. Change the needle and all worked perfectly

I did that. Cleaned and oil it rethreaded needle and bobbin still doesn't work. I have lots of emboriery to do. Making Christmas ornaments. Thank you in advance.

Anonymous

But its not working in my Mini Sewing Machine

Best Answer

You may also check to make sure your needle is turned properly. I had this problem not too long ago. I had replaced the needle and tightened it in not realizing I had not set it in the slot properly. I redid it and it has worked well ever since.

Sewing machines can be frustrating. Easy things to try, re-thread the machine and the bobbin. Be sure the bobbin thread is reasonably long (about4 inches). Be sure the needle is threaded from the correct side. Check your settings to see that you have everything on the correct setting. See if you have tightened up the knob or dial or whatever you have that enables you to thread your bobbin; you now have to have it back on the "sew" setting. Try changing the needle. If none of this works, find someone you know who sews, and get them to come over and have a look at your machine. Often it is an easy fix. Also check for loose threads stuck in the teeth or down in the bobbin case.

You've been given allot of viable solutions to your problem and I'm sure you've found an answer by now but if not. You mentioned the machine was working fine and now its not which means you didn't change the existing needle right? We can sometimes through desperation create havoc for the critter (machine). Sometimes a problem may not rear its ugly head until you've been sewing for awhile. In our zest and zeal to solve the problem compound it. If you changed your needle check the position. Did you buy a different brand of needle? They are not all the same length. Were you pulling or tugging on the machine to get the fabric through? Did you try pulling the levers apart that house the casing for your bobbin to see that there is no obstruction? Have you cleaned the lint from the machine and oiled it? Were you sewing by a metal part and chipped the needle as in by a zipper that kind of thing? Did you change threads?

Some machines (critters) getting into the Halloween thing) refuse to sew with economy thread. Did the button got turned to darning? If the machine stopped sewing it probably has something stopping it from going down and could be any of the above mentioned responses from the helpful answers people gave. Sometimes you just have to walk away for awhile. I sew professionally and sometimes you just need to walk away. My boss and I have a theory if we are going to send the machine to the shop for repairs then it will really need it. I personally have 3 sewing machines because they can be persnickety. I purchased one at a yard sale for $5.00 and brought it to be overhauled. $45.00 later I have another fallback so when one decides to be obstinate I use the other. A lot of the times while using another machine I figure out the solution to my dilemma with my regular machine. I hope this solves your problem if not leave me a message and I will try and help further if I can.

I have a mini sewing machine. The bobbin thread doesn't pull up because the cup in which we place the bobbin is not going to & and fro in a rotating motion like shown on YouTube. The bobbin thread goes round around the cup. The top needle goes in & out of the cloth. The plastic wheels beneath the bobbin case are rotating & the needle is close to the shaft. I have removed the cup & reinserted it serveral times according to YouTube. However, the cup still doesn't go to & fro. Whence I purchased the machine on Naaptol the machine didn't work at all. Seeing YouTube I have adjusted the plastic wheels alignment & the needle closer to the shaft. Atleast the plastic wheels have started rotating & the needle is going up & down. The cup still doesn't work.

Ok, so I have an old Sew Mor but think I figured it out. When I put my needle in I put it all the way up when in fact it should stop at the thread holder screw or needle bar screw. Id say its only a 1/4th inch up. Now the needle is down far enough. Plus make sure you wind the balance wheel counter clockwise so it grabs.

Anonymous

I had the same problem with a 15x1 needle. I had to lower the needle about 1/4 inch before it would loop and allow the shuttle to pick up the thread. Hope this helps!

Anonymous

1.make sure the needle is properly fixed, if it isn't properly fixed it night cause that problem.

2. you can also try change the needle if the first isn't the cause.

I don't think your needle is going down far enough to catch bobbin thread. The needle bar should be adjusted so that the eye of the needle is just below the shuttle point.

my thread is not being picked up by the needle

swing machine needle not catches bobbin thread

Mini electric sewing machine not catching bobbin thread.29/F B.T.Road Peerlessnagar,B-25/203 , Sodepur Pin. 700114