Weight Watchers Recipes

It's that time of year again, the diet started yesterday! After a break of 16 years I am following the old Weight Watchers Exchange System. If anyone has any good recipes or tips I would love to hear from you.

Jacquie from England

WW Danish (this is a nice breakfast treat, but make 2 one isn't enough!)

Toast sliced bread (I used low calorie) 35 calories

Spread with cottage cheese (drain with fork)

Sprinkle with cinnamon

Sprinkle sweetener over top (I used equal)

BROIL till bubbly (so good!)

Per person:

2 portobello mushrooms, cleaned, with stems removed

1/4 C pizza or pasta sauce (low fat jarred, canned, or homemade)

1 oz low-fat or non-fat mozzarella, grated

grated parmesan cheese

olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit degrees.

Turn the mushroom belly-up, so that you can see the space where the stem used to be. Spoon on 2 TBSP of sauce (that's half of a quarter-cup) per mushroom and half an ounce of mozzarella. Cap it off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of oregano, and a little spritz of olive oil spray. Repeat with all other mushrooms.

Bake on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.

If you use low-fat cheese, each person gets two Points, per Weight Watchers; non-fat cheese is worth one point. If you use non-fat cheese, this is Core, according to the Weight Watchers system that was in place until December 2008 (I couldn't afford to maintain my membership anymore, so I don't know the new system very well). This provides one dairy serving, one vegetable serving, and one Healthy Oil serving. It can be a small meal, a snack, or a side dish for other items. Did I mention it's only two Points?

Best of all, this pizza is crustless, so it works for Celiac sufferers, diabetics, and anyone who doesn't want to spent the extra 5 Points for eating crust!

I lost 95 lbs. Twentyfour years ago and one of my favorite recipes is Waldorf Salad. 1/2 can of water packed tuna, 2 stalks of celery, 1 red apple, and a few sliced almonds. Mix with 2 T. fat free mayo and 1 T. rice vinegar.

I slice up a lot of zucchini into a pan, add broth (there's all kinds of fat free flavors to choose from but just regular is my preference) and let it cook to a mush. I then put the blender right into the pan and puree it. I add curry powder to taste and warm up a cup for 0 points - very good!

January 14, 2009 Flag

I recently started Weight Watchers and I am looked for easy and simple recipes I could use for cooking dinner. If there is anyone out there that has some good ones please let me know it would be much appreciated. I loved the recipe for the Pineapple Anglefood cake. YUMMY!

Mandi from PA

Weight Watchers Recipes

Hi there, good luck too. It's an awesome program. I am 47 pounds lighter because of it! Do a search foe boot camp buddies its a website of ww people who trade recipes and it also has great tips ang points values for lots of restaurants. It's awesome! Also my number one tip boca burgerss! They really are pretty tastey and you can have an original one for only 1 point paired with ww bread its a 3 point burger oh and cabbot makes a 75% reduced fat cheese that is really pretty good, and is only 1 point a serving! Good luck! (01/30/2006)

By Stephanie

Weight Watchers Recipes

Try dwlz.com. It's got recipes, restaurant points and much more! Bookmark it - I'm sure you'll use it often! I do! (01/30/2006)

By chima0692

Weight Watchers Recipes

Join Weight Watchers on line. I have been a WW since 1969 and have lost 125 lbs. The WW site is great and gives you recipes and meal plans. You will love it. The site is: http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx?
Good luck. (01/30/2006)

By Rona

Weight Watchers Recipes

I have a great dessert recipe: Dreamcicle Pudding 1 cup is 2 points. 1 box sugar free orange jello; 1 box instant sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding; 1 (8oz) tub fat free Cool Whip; 1 can madarin oranges, drained.

Dissolve jello in 1 cup boiling water. Place 3 large ice cubes in a 1 cup measure and fill to l cup line with water. Stir until ice is melted. Cool 5 minutes. With whisk or electric mixer, stir in pudding, beating until pudding is well incorporated. Fold in cool whip and oranges. Chill at least 2 hours or until set. (01/30/2006)

By Bubbles1231

Weight Watchers Recipes

I just made this recipe the other night and the family loved it.
Pork chops w/ dijon cream sauce (5 pts.)

4 (4 Oz.) Boneless center cut pork loin chops (1/2 in. Thick) -
1/2 tsp. Salt, 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper, cooking spray, 1/3 c. Fat free less sodium chicken. Broth, 1 1/2 tbs. Dijon mustard, 1/3 c. Fat free 1/2 and 1/2 or evap. Fat free milk

1. Trim fat from chops. Sprinkle both sides evenly w/ salt and pepper. Coat a lg. Non stick skillet w/ spray, place over med. High heat till hot. Add chops to skillet, and cook 3-4 min.Per side or till browned. Remove chops and keep warm.

2. Add broth to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Combine mustard and half and half; add to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer7 min. Or till sauce is thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over chops. Yield: 4 servings.

I served it with:
steamed red potatoes (1 pt.),
1 Lb. Round red potatoes- quartered,
2 tbs. Water,
butter flavored spray (such as i can't believe it's not butter), 1/4 tsp. Salt, 1/4 tsp. Pepper.

Place potatoes in a mw safe dish. Add water,
and cover. Mw at high 8 min. Ot until tender.
Coat with spray, and sprinkle with salt and
pepper. Yield:4 servings
Hope you enjoy this as much as we did.

By Ann Marie

Weight Watchers Recipes

There are several groups on Yahoo that are WW recipe and help groups. Try these:

The big problem is you get so many yummy ones that if you live to be thousand you don't have time to fix them all.
Enjoy. (01/31/2006)

By SalTCBug

Weight Watchers Recipes

If you'd like to email me off list at swtlilpfnienie2 @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) I have a lot of WW recipes divided into regular, crock pot and desserts that I can send you. Good luck! (02/09/2006)

By Janine

Weight Watchers Recipes

Pineapple smoothie recipe is one. Vanilla fat free sugar free instant pudding, one fat free sugar free vanilla yogurt, one sugar free fat free lemon yogurt, one tub of cool whip and a can of crushed pinapples (not drained). Just put it all in a bowl and fold dont stir hard because your cool whip will deflate. Enjoy! (10/26/2007)

By Jean

Weight Watchers Recipes

Hi, I found this site with great WW recipes and diets: http://weightwatchers-diets.blogspot.com/ (05/28/2008)

By Ionela

Weight Watchers Recipes

You might try: http://www.weightwatchers-recipes.net
Hundreds of Weight Watchers recipes. (05/31/2008)

By kanthony39us

Weight Watchers Healthy Lifestyle
Weight Watchers Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Main DishesJanuary 14, 2009
Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
Weight Watchers Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
Weight Watchers Help Scale
Calculating Weight Watchers Point Totals
Yogurt Bread Dough
Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers