Save Bags for Sack Lunches

Save fast food bags that aren't grease soaked to take your lunch in on another day.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

I like this. We don't frequently go to fast-food places, but have an abundance of lunch-sized brown paper bags since we changed hubby's Meals on Wheels provider. I intend to offer them on FreeCycle. One person's trash is another's treasure, after all.

I've been doing something similar for years; y'know those produce bags? D/H has been using those for years for his lunch because he refused to "brown bag"it! They get used for a couple of days, then off they go, he's a mechanic and after 2 or 3 days they smell like the shop! ick.

August 5, 2010 Flag

When we send our child to school with lunch, he uses a reusable bag. But, when he goes to summer camp at the school, they prefer lunches to be in bags that can be thrown away. To make the best of this, we save bags from the deli and also from fast food places, and reuse with the camp lunches. When I use a deli bag, I often will draw a picture on the front, or write a nice message to my son on the bag!

By Erin from Blue Bell, PA

Save Bags for Sack Lunches

They should be encouraging children to take their bags home with them, it's not really giving the children a lesson in recycling. (03/29/2009)

By Ailz

A child eating a brown bag lunch.
Saving Money on Packed Lunches
Food and Recipes Food Tips School and Work LunchAugust 6, 2010
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Drumstick Treat Bags
Drumstick Treat Bags
Fabric Lunch Bag
Making Fabric Lunch Bags
Woman Having Salad for Lunch
Packing Salad for Lunch