Juice Can Lid Christmas Magnets

Cute, quick and frugal gifts or decorations!

The magnets are used canning jar lids and smaller ones are from frozen OJ concentrate can ends. Base coat white or brown and paint faces. I used blush for the cheeks and had some wood plugs I used for the noses. For the gingers, I used fabric yoyos or strips of fabric tied into bows, hot glued onto the heads. The snow men I used pipe cleaners and little pom poms for ear muffs and a sock cut into 2 inch sections, sewn across one end, to make little hats and hot glued on.

The ginger and snow balls are from old softballs, base coated and glued onto canning jar rings. The snowball hats are from socks, cut into about 4 inch pieces, sewn across the end. I then took white "scribble" dimensional paint and did the "frosting" lines on the ginger and snowflakes on the snowballs hats. Had everything on hand!

I've sold a bunch of the ginger and snow balls for $7.50 each and the magnets for $2.50. I've "gifted" many of them already this season! I get the softballs from my son and DIL, who play on a softball team :0) Sometimes I find them at thrift stores for about $.50 each. Have fun!

By Maggie from Bloomington, MN

Loooove this idea!

What a great idea? And cheap to make. I'll have to start now for next year.

This idea is super cute.. I only wish they sold frozen orange juice here in southern Spain. I love this website, it reminds me so much of growing up and my mother.. we were always doing crafts at Christmas. She made me the handy gal I am today!

Crafts Using FrozenJuice Concentrate Lids
Crafts Using Frozen Juice Concentrate Lids
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations CraftsDecember 18, 2007
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Animal Cracker Magnets
Homemade Refrigerator Magnets
🎉
🎄