It Costs Nothing To Smile

contest winner icon

This is not a tip to save money or time. It is one that does bring a warmth to your heart. The most simplest gift you can give to someone is a smile and/or a prayer. Both of which costs the giver nothing but to the receiver can mean everything.

In today's world, things have changed, some changes good and some not so good. If these are hard on someone who is vibrant, strong and full of energy, think of how it is for those who may not be so lucky. They may be down and feel discouraged. Me, not knowing anyone's circumstances, when I look at them, I just give a big smile. I get one back without fail. It does make the heart feel warm and you feel better yourself.

When I see that someone is having difficulty, a little prayer is said for them. They need not know and I may not know their name but God does. Two gifts are given and though the cost is nothing, the rewards are truly golden.

By Nita from Southgate, MI

Amen, Nita! A smile is the best thing a person can give to a fellow person whether loved one, stranger or even foe and the rewards come back tenfold. :-)

I believe like you do, and have had many interesting conversations over the years. My husband and kids say, "Did you know that person?" I have heard a smile given helps the person in their brain chemicals to be boosted up for a while for the giver and receiver. That's worth something!

I just read a survey that over 70% of people believe we are a more rude as a culture. I say, let's go against that, and smile and care with prayer. I pray when I see an unhappy person as I'm driving or walking, or being waited on. If I have a chance, I smile and encourage them. We never know what is going on is a person's life, my father used to say.

Needless to say, as women we must think about where and when we smile, don't do it in a isolated area or in a questionable surroundings so that you don't draw unwanted attention. We have safety issues to consider, otherwise give smiles and blessings freely.

Wise words, well said, Nita! I follow your philosophy too. God bless you real good... JPJ

Great advice, Nita! We all benefit from a smile! :o)

I also smile at everyone I meet. I figure my smile may be the only one some people get all day and that makes them and me feel good. I will add a prayer for them. Thanks for the tip.

I smile too, but here in France it is greeted with shock. But a more recent tactic is to ask questions about the language, and take the time to listen to answers. This works brilliantly in shops, cafes parks etc. I do not try it on the street - just a smile then. It does work, eventually. People passing by now recogonize me and sometimes smile first. I wave from my car like the Queen, and they wave back. I might be making a difference, on smile at a time.

Living a Positive Lifestyle
Living a Positive Lifestyle
Better Living FriendshipAugust 4, 2011
A table filled with antique nicknacks.
Starting an Antique Business
Luxury Teen Birthday Party
Planning A Luxury Teen Birthday Party
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Couple Reviewing Medicare Costs
Grants for Costs Not Paid By Medicare
🎉
🎄