Uses For Leftover Chili

I like to make enough chili so that I have leftovers for another easy meal. Here are two ways I like to use the leftovers: Bake a potato and top it with heated leftover chili, top the chili with sour cream and sprinkled cheese. So very good! The other thing I do, and I sure most of you do this, cook up some noodles then add the chili, when hot, top with cheese, We love this!

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

I like Chili-Mac (1/2 elbow macaroni, 1/2 chili) and you can also smash it a little and put on hot dogs (YUM, and I also use Sloppy Joe to top hot dogs - that's really good!); another use is to top burgers with the chili; or pour over tortilla chips and top with some cheddar cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce, or whatever you like! My husband eats chili over rice.

Don't forget chili fries topped with cheese and onions ;-)

Chili is also great served over rice and top with shredded cheese.

When I lived in a major metro area, we used to eat Chili 3 way or 3 way at Steak and Shake a lot. Now, I make it at home and my husband loves it. Another use I can think of is making chili dogs.

(submitted by email)

For leftover chili, I make enough to either make enchiladas with or make tortilla soup.

By C.31

IDK how you guys cook your taters but there are a couple ways most folks don't do it. Microwave is a fast way to get a baked potatoe without heating up the entire house. Ovens create a lot of heat and your AC is removing heat so you rather not create any more heat than you need here in the South. Clean your tater stab it about 5 time with a fork place in MW high 5 min check it for softness if not soft flip it and give it another 5. After that do 3 min. Once done you may eat or you can wrap in foil and it will get perfect. I use a green scotch bright pad to clean the tater I pin it to the wall for future use.

Then there is the solar oven taters are perfect cooked this way since most the summer the sun is out and free it does not heat your home this way either best of all you can cook a batch of taters and save them for the rest of the weeks use for all sorts of uses. Hope this helps.

Chili over spaghetti.
Using Leftover Chili
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversJanuary 8, 2010
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
pot of chili con carne
Chili Spaghetti Recipes
A large pot of chili, ready for canning.
Canning Chili
Stuffed Red Chili Peppers
Stuffed Chili Pepper Recipes
🎄
🍂