Cowgirl Themed Birthday Party

I need some ideas on a cowgirl themed birthday in April, my daughter will be turning 8 yrs old. She loves horses. So far I am ordering those boot shaped mugs, I am going to spend a little more and get the glassware. I wanted to try and do t-shirts with horses on them but I can't find cute ones for under $9 each and with like 15+ girls it could get a bit over the budget.

What do you guys think about decorating dollar store pic frames? Maybe painting them ahead of time and letting them glue on jewels etc? I have a karaoke machine already, do they have a kids bop CD for karaoke? We have a lot of country but a lot of the girls probably like other music. I'd really appreciate any ideas. I love hearing what you all come up with. Thanks a lot!

Tracylynn from NY

Hi I gave my son a cowboy party. He was 8. It helps set the theme if you can play some old slow cowboy music. A good game is a shoe horse throw. You can also spray paint small rocks gold either for extra decoration are you can hide them like Easter eggs & whoever find the most gets a prize. The rocks are of course gold nuggets. I ordered cowboy hats from oriental trading. Bandannas are good to tie up for goody bags. Walmart sales these little plaster horses, they can paint & take home. Laso's (ropes) & Cowboy boots make good decorations as do hay bales.

For my kids birthday (I have three in March) I got a off white shower curtain and painted a western theme on it and borrowed three bails of hay stacked them in front of the painted curtain and borrowed a rope and picked up some tulips at the grocery store and took pictures of each guest in front of the backdrop. After printing them I had my kids write a thank you note to each guest and we put there picture in it. they turned out really cute!

Why not use bandanas instead of t-shirts? You can get them in all colors for about a dollar each. Or purchase a package of undershirts, wash and dry them, and use a stencil to bring costs down, the girls could write their own names or could "brand" with a homemade stamp of a horse shoe or something like that.

Another fun and inexpensive game would be pin the tail on the pony. I like the idea of a horseshoe toss, too. Try calling a feed store to see if they have any empty horse feed sacks that you could use like posters (especially if there's a picture of a horse on them).

Sounds like alot of fun! Back several years ago, I was director of GA's at our church. This was for girls from 1st grade to 6th. I did a western theme. The tables were decorated with red and white and blue and white checked plastic tablecloths. The centerpieces were cowboy hats (borrowed) filled with silk sunflfowers. I ordered bandannas from Oriental Trading and each girl got one to put around her neck. Each girl was given a little brown lunch bag (cut down) filled with candy and closed with twine that looked like a cowboy rope. One of the refreshments was "cow pies" - it is melted milk chocolate mixed with raisins and nuts. The girls thought that was funny!

Thanks for all of the replies I appreciate it! Dee the cow pie! are hysterical!

For "nut cups" make small sacks out of tan -"rough"- looking fabric. Make them the size of your bag of treats, like M&M's or "Sweet & Salty" (I found a box of 40 or so at Sam's) plus 1/2" for the top. tie with raffia or a jute string. If you want to and have time get a stencil that says "FEED" and do the bags before you stuff them. These look like a bag of oats for the horses.

Don't try to A. use real burlap, it is too messy and the mess gets in YOUR clothes and is itchy. and B. Don't bother with turning the seam to the inside. Just serge or zig-zag the seams. This is great for a western theme party for any age "children".

P.S. I thought of something else. It might be fun to watch some of the old B&W western movies/serials too. Hop Along Cassidy, Roy Rodgers, etc. They had pretty good values and often had a real moral to the story. With ideas from some of the other folks here. We might even remember a GIRL western hero!

A boy dressed as a cowboy.
Cowboy Themed Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 28, 2009
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎄