Shiny Hair with Mayonnaise - Categories:

Hair CareHair Tips

Shiny Hair with Mayonnaise

I heard mayo and raw eggs mixed together and left on unwashed hair for 45-60 minutes will leave your hair healthy and shiny. Does this work?

By Suzy from Ventura, CA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

It is a great conditioner for hair but you don't need the eggs. They are already in the mayo. I used to use it every week when I had very long hair. I still use it several times a year. I have always been accused of using the new hair shiners on the market now, but I've never used them. I believe from my experiences that is helps cut down on split ends also. It has been a hair staple of mine for over 30 years. I swear by it.

I don't recommend mayo or egg for hair. They are pretty hard to rinse out of the hair. You wind up using shampoo to remove them, thus negating any conditioning effects. Better to buy a cheap drugstore conditioner, apply it, cover with a plastic bag and leave it on for a while.

January 7, 2010 Flag

To get your hair the shiniest it's ever been and to get it to feel great, it is very good to put mayo on your hair and let it set for 10 to 15 minutes. You must completely rinse it out. If you don't your hair will be more greasy than John Travolta's in "Grease", and it will smell like my grandma's potato salad. So be careful and I hope my tip will help.

By Jenny

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Hair CareJanuary 7, 2010
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 4, 2016 at 5:32:59 PM on 10.0.1.152 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.