A homemade chalkboard is cheap/easy to make, and fun for children and adults of all ages!
Approximate Time: 3 hours + depending on size
- sheet metal (in order to also be magnetic)
- chalkboard spray paint (available at hardware stores)
- wooden planks cut to size for a frame (available at a hardware store)
- electric drill and screws for the frame
- Visit the hardware store for all the supplies that you will need. The friendly people there will cut everything down to the size that you want your chalkboard to be. Remember that the sheet metal is going to be your chalkboard, get it cut larger if you plan on attaching a frame.
- Follow the directions on the back of the chalkboard spray paint, let it dry before attaching a frame. Remember, it may need several coats.
- There are several ways to attach a frame to the painted sheet metal, our piece was thin enough that we turned it over and used an electric drill and screwed short screws into the wood, this way they do not show in the front. It looks very professional. A frame is not necessary.
- Have fun drawing pictures or jotting out quick notes!
By Grace from Seattle, WA
April 25, 20160 found this helpful
How fun and cute is this. This of the cute magnets you could make!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 8:54:21 AM on 10.0.2.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us