Armour Etch Left Film on Glasses

I tried the Armour Etch on my glasses. I now have a film on them. Is there any way to get that off?

By sox23 from AZ

I had to go to a search engine to find out what Armour Etch was. This is a website that I found:

http://www.kk.o  hives/002890.php

Just a short time ago I asked a question of the ThriftyFun community of how to make my own eyeglass lens cleaner because the optical shops charge way too much for a small bottle.

If you have a small squirt bottle try this solution: Use a small amount of rubbing alcohol, add water to the top, then add 4 or 5 drops of dish washing liquid. Close top and gently shake bottle. I believe that it will remove the film on your lenses.

I love this stuff, but got it on my skin and it ate my skin severely but its ok now :) lol. Anyways, the film you are talking about may be where the cream was, meaning its a lightly etched spot or "film". Or is it just like clumps of the cream stuck on where the cream was? I recently done a mirror and it dried on it and took a bit to remove. I just used windex cleaner and scrubbed a bit. Alcohol should work. Also, don't be afraid to scrub, after all, it is etched in the glass so your design wont warp.

It does sound like the "film" is where the AE was, that is now etched. If that is the case, there is no removing it.

*Be very careful when mixing other chemicals with the Armour Etch.* I, personally, wouldn't do it. If the etching cream dries I would try first to remove it with a razor blade. Also, don't let the etching cream make contact with metals, as it does stain the metal, forever.

Home and Garden Cleaning GlassJune 1, 2009
White Film on Dishes
Removing White Film From Dishes
Film Canister
Uses for Film Canisters
Apple shaped and stemmed glass dishes after cleaning.
Removing Cloudy Film on Glass
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 19, 2017 at 1:29:45 PM on 10.0.2.126 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.