DollmakingToys

Selling Bed Dolls and Crochet Doll Clothing

I crochet bed dolls and other doll clothing, etc. and while I do have some customers for my business, I would like to expand and attract more customers.

I would also like to have my own website, but don't know how to set this up or what price to sell my dolls at. I am up loading a picture of the doll I just finished for my cousin's little girl. If someone has any ideas about a price if I made another one and decided to sell, please let me know.

While I do use a pattern for the basic dress pattern, the decorations and designs are mine and the hats are my daughter's creations and designs. Any help that can be given would be appreciated. Thank you.

By Sherry from Springdale, AR

Please refer to this earlier post on Thriftyfun.

http://www.thri  2467091.tip.html

Your doll is beautiful! What is it exactly what you need help with? Ever try ebay? How big can you make these dolls. I saw a Bride years ago that had tons and tons of lace. Have never found anyone who does them.

if you find out where to sell those bed dolls or how to set up you own webpage please let me know, because i make them.

I would be very interested in buying your crocheted doll clothes. I have a 22 inch antique doll that was my grandmother"s doll. I would like a full length crocheted dress with hat.

Adrienne of Albany, NY

artfulstar@aol.Com

I do know for a fact that in Texas there are lots of hispanics who throw lavish "15" birthday parties for their daughters. Great places you can hook up with are those party-dress shops such as those that cater to weddings. They tend to purchase these little dolls as a symbolic departure from childhood to woman hood. Your product looks good.

I do know for a fact that in Texas there are lots of hispanics who throw lavish "15" birthday parties for their daughters. Great places you can hook up with are those party-dress shops such as those that cater to weddings. They tend to purchase these little dolls as a symbolic departure from childhood to woman hood. Great idea.

Hi, try etsy also Southern Belle Marketing is free and awesome free publicity.

She's beautiful. I have started making bed dolls myself, and am having a problem with deciding how much to charge. First you need to take in consideration how much you spend on materials, plus how much time it takes from start to finish to make one of your creations. Another thing to consider is if you get bombarded with orders at the same time your customers will need to know how long before they could expect their dolls.

I went to ebay to see what the going rate for bed dolls, you may want to check the website out. You don't have to have an account to look, just go to ebay.com in the search bar type in crochet bed dolls. Most of what I saw was patterns for bed dolls but there were a few listed in there from $2 or $3 to $114.00, check it out for yourself.

Good luck!

I had these for all my beds years ago and I would like to get one for my daughter who remembers them well. I think she said hers was yellow. To charge, estimate your supply cost. Multiply that by 3 or 4. Decide what you charge per hour for your time. Add them together. That's what you should charge. Either add the shipping and insurance cost to the price to make it easier on your buyer or give them delivery options; with or without insurance.

using the price of your doll, yarn, lace flowers, ribbon, and bows and your time you come up the price to charge.