Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Plucking Facial Hair Results in Black Spots

I have hairs growing on my cheeks and chin. I usually pluck them. Eventually I have black spots where I have removed the hair. How do I get rid of these marks?

By Alisha from Nepal

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Frances Adams [11]05/20/2010

That is just a bit of the hair bulb that remains in the pore after pulling the hair out.

By susan [5]05/13/2010

I believe that it is just part of the hair root that remains after the hair has been plucked from the follicle. A gentle squeeze will release it from the follicle--just make sure your hands are clean. You will also notice them again when a new hair begins to grow. They look like a dark shadow under the skin.

By Anonymous [848]05/07/2010

Alisha, you can not get Vaniqa without a prescription and if someone tries to sell it to you anyway please run the other direction! That it is a potent cream that can cause serious health issues and especially if you already take 'any' kind of medications (over the counter or otherwise) and that's why you need a doctor's prescription!

Please just at least try the safe suggestions already mentioned here and then if they don't work after two or three months then go to a dermatologist.

05/06/2010

By metroplex [81]05/05/2010

I hate that! What I do sounds gross, but it works for me. I squeeze those black dots. What happens for me is that a tiny bit of black something comes out of the pore. Otherwise it looks like I have blackheads. Good luck!

By Janet [7]05/05/2010

I have some of those discolorations too. I use Vaniqua (a prescription medicine), which makes the hairs thinner & thinner - much less noticeable. And sometimes I shave the hairs off. Plucking is not so good. I have found that eventually the dark spots fade away. The plucking really doesn't discourage growth.

By Anonymous [848]05/04/2010

The only thing I can think of is that these are blackheads. Try washing your face after plucking and then use a toner or really cold water afterwards to close the pores.

Here is information on how to remove the blackheads:
http://www.targetwoman.com/articles/blackhead-removal.html

Hope this is helpful.