Plucking Facial Hair Results in Black Spots

I have hairs growing on my cheeks and chin. I usually pluck them. Eventually I have black spots where I have removed the hair. How do I get rid of these marks?

By Alisha from Nepal

The only thing I can think of is that these are blackheads. Try washing your face after plucking and then use a toner or really cold water afterwards to close the pores.

Here is information on how to remove the blackheads:

http://www.targetwoman.com/articles/blackhead-removal.html

Hope this is helpful.

I have some of those discolorations too. I use Vaniqua (a prescription medicine), which makes the hairs thinner & thinner - much less noticeable. And sometimes I shave the hairs off. Plucking is not so good. I have found that eventually the dark spots fade away. The plucking really doesn't discourage growth.

I hate that! What I do sounds gross, but it works for me. I squeeze those black dots. What happens for me is that a tiny bit of black something comes out of the pore. Otherwise it looks like I have blackheads. Good luck!

Alisha, you can not get Vaniqa without a prescription and if someone tries to sell it to you anyway please run the other direction! That it is a potent cream that can cause serious health issues and especially if you already take 'any' kind of medications (over the counter or otherwise) and that's why you need a doctor's prescription!

Please just at least try the safe suggestions already mentioned here and then if they don't work after two or three months then go to a dermatologist.

I believe that it is just part of the hair root that remains after the hair has been plucked from the follicle. A gentle squeeze will release it from the follicle--just make sure your hands are clean. You will also notice them again when a new hair begins to grow. They look like a dark shadow under the skin.

That is just a bit of the hair bulb that remains in the pore after pulling the hair out.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips RemovalMay 3, 2010
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
woman having facial hair removed
Removing Facial Hair
🎄