Easter Bonnet Wreath

Bits and pieces of inexpensive craft items can be used to create an eye-catching Easter wreath for your front door.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

• cardboard
  • cellophane grass or shredded paper
  • tacky glue and scissors
  • craft foam
  • colored plastic eggs
  • crafting odds and ends, scraps of fabric trim scraps, pom poms, small bows, puff paint
  • wide ribbon or a large bow
  • piece of string or yarn

1. Draw and cut a wreath shape from cardboard. I used the side of a cardboard box. Spread glue over the surface of the wreath shape and press cellophane grass or shredded paper into the glue. The circle I started with to make the wreath measured 13 inches across, and I cut a 6 1/4 inch circle from the middle to make the hole.
  2. Cut 3 inch circles from scraps of craft foam. I used decorative edging shears to cut these, but any scissors will work.
  3. Glue half of a colored egg to the center of each circle to create your hat shape and decorate your hat shapes with craft odds and ends.
  4. Ad

5. Glue the little hats around the surface of your wreath, leaving space for the bow.
  6. Make a large ribbon bow and glue it to the wreath. I used 3 yards of wide, wired ribbon to make mine, but you can use what you have on hand or use a pre-made bow.
  7. Make a loop from a piece of string or yarn and glue one end of the loop to the back of the wreath to make a hanger.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

This is cute- maybe next year I'll get a chance to make it

Mosaic egg decoration.
Homemade Easter Decorations
Crafts Easter DecorationsMarch 28, 2010
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Homemade Easter Wreaths
Homemade Easter Wreaths
Crocheted Wreaths
Making a Crocheted Wreath
bunny sitting next to basket with plastic Easter eggs
Making Faux Chocolate Bunnies