Adjusting the Carburetor on a Craftsman Riding Mower

I have a 17 year old craftsman riding mower. It dies when I put it in fast gear and does not run smooth. I am almost positive that adjusting the carburetor will do the trick, but I do not know how to do it. The man I bought the tractor from mentioned that he tried to adjust it but did not succeed. I am looking for someone to give me advice on how to do it.

famer5 from Northford, CT

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Have you contacted Craftsman and asked them?

http://www.craftsman.com

Sounds like it is lean if it is a tecumseh screw on bottom of bowl open it a half turn and try it. Same for briggs but mixture screw may be on side

open = counter clockwise :)

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Repair Farm VehiclesMarch 19, 2008
Lawn Mower Carburetor
Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 1:21:49 PM on 10.0.2.180 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.