Adjusting the Carburetor on a Craftsman Riding Mower

I have a 17 year old craftsman riding mower. It dies when I put it in fast gear and does not run smooth. I am almost positive that adjusting the carburetor will do the trick, but I do not know how to do it. The man I bought the tractor from mentioned that he tried to adjust it but did not succeed. I am looking for someone to give me advice on how to do it.

famer5 from Northford, CT

Have you contacted Craftsman and asked them?

http://www.craftsman.com

Sounds like it is lean if it is a tecumseh screw on bottom of bowl open it a half turn and try it. Same for briggs but mixture screw may be on side

open = counter clockwise :)

Home and Garden Repair Farm VehiclesMarch 19, 2008
Lawn Mower Carburetor
Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
removing riding mower wheel
Removing a Wheel from a Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 8:29:38 PM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.