My Frugal Life - We Have It All

I guess since my hubby was in the Navy, I learned to be frugal. I save money to this day and am proud of it. I have seen my friends struggle and even get depressed with no money. I watch for sales, open my blinds on a sunny day, hang clothes outside in summer or hang them downstairs in the basement on a rack in winter.

Years later, my hubby got cancer and was out of work. He is in remission and we have still survived because we both pulled together by being frugal and kept everything we own. I still garage sale, watch the stars outside with a glass of wine with hubby, take long walks instead of drive, watch for sales, eat our big meal at 3:00 PM (better discount) and barter with our friends. We have it all and live happily ever after frugally.

Sally from Buffalo, NY

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

As I read your remarks I realize you are a kindred spirit. It would be so nice to have you as my next door neighbor. I hope you are staying safe and warm. My TV news has been showing horrible cold, snowy conditions in Buffalo, NY.

GOOD FOR YOU SALLY. A POST LIKE YOURS REMINDS US ALL HOW LUCKY WE ARE

You sound like a kindred spirit! My husband and I have lived the same way for 50+ years. Never lacked a thing!!! God has richly blessed us.

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeFebruary 5, 2007
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
Frugal Birthday Party
Frugal Party Locations
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
🎄