Watch for Military Discounts

Will a DD214 work as proof that my husband is a vet for a discount at Lowe's?

By Carol from Virginia Beach, VA

Read Archives at bottom of page.

Of course the DD214 form will work, as long as the guy has a picture ID. I think Lowe's won't be very picky anyway. Why would they? You worry too much.

October 27, 2009 Flag

I saw postings for Senior Discounts but just as rewarding, there are Military discounts given. You must show active or retired proof such as DD214 form which my husband has laminated and carries in the car. This will get you 10% discount at Lowe's and or Home Depot in our area. There is free info on military discounts if you search the Web, although some want to charge for the same that is available for free if you search.

By Tarlo from Tampa Bay, FL

Watch for Military Discounts

I recently discovered 15% discount at Walgreens, and an even greater 20% on Walgreens products. My Walgreens only offers the military discount on Tuesday and you have to check out at the cosmetic counter. On my last trip I saved $29 before coupons and store discounts, even if you don't do coupons that is some serious savings. (06/18/2009)

By reggierhy

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingJuly 6, 2010
Child Leaving for Military
Farewell Party for Child Leaving for Military
young man in camos holding a Christmas gift
Military Themed Christmas Tree
A new home.
Saving Money on Home Owner's Insurance
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch