Repairing a Leaking Sun Roof

The sun roof in my Pontiac Grand Prix is leaking. How do I fix that? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

By Connie from Vandalia, OH

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I don't know if this will fix it, but it might help, put some Vaseline on the rubber gasket that seals the roof; rub it in well. I was taught to use baby oil, not armor all, on gaskets like this around windows and sun roofs by a professional detailer. It helps to keep the rubber pliable, and that's what helps keep leaks away.

I'd fully inspect the gasket for cracks, flat spots, etc and see if doing this helps. If not, it might call for just a new gasket which should be inexpensive to get from a parts place. :)

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I will definitely try this. Hope it works. Connie

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceJanuary 5, 2011
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
Man nailing up new shingles on a roof.
Saving Money on a New Roof
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:43:45 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.