Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Recycle Bubble Wrap And Packing Materials

Hubby thought I was nuts when I scavenged bubble wrap packing material to give to a buddy who has an eBay store. But he and his partner has just spent $50 on a roll of it at an office store, and that cuts into their profits. So since my friend is selling a few things of mine too, I think it's only fair that I pick up whatever recycled packing materials and boxes I can find. (CLEAN of course).

By pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Maryeileen [76]05/31/2013

I don't know anyone personally who needs packing material so when I have enough bubble wrap or packing peanuts I post them to my local Freecycle site.

By Lelia Jo Cordell [49]08/11/2011

It's great to see folks recycling instead of filling the landfill! I'm also proud of you for resisting the urge to pop all those little bubbles, lol!

By Jacquelyn Valentine [11]08/10/2011

Kudos to you for thinking of your friend and for recycling the bubble wrap also. Another thing that I saw recently to pack with is empty soda bottles. I'm sure it won't work for everything, but if it worked for some items it might be worth it to consider this. I received a little business card size note with something I had shipped to me that used wadded up paper and magazine pages for packaging. They explained that they were holding down their costs as well as mine by using what was at hand instead of buying more stuff that would have to be recycled. I appreciated that note and thought they were to be commended for their consideration of the environment and my pocketbook.
Good luck with your scavenging!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.