Getting Rid of Ants in House Naturally

How to get rid small house ants without chemicals?

By Dogmom from Chicago

Best Answer

Borax, sugar, and water in a small lid. Equal amounts of borax and sugar and just enough water to disolve. Set along edges where they like to travel. They take it back to the next. After about three days, you not see any more for a while.

Best Answer

Grits! They take the grits back to the nest and when eaten, it will swell in their stomachs and kill them. Good for ant beds. Pour all over the ant bed. If it is the teeny sugar ants, meal will work.

I used to constantly have carpenter ants in my house, I never see them anymore only sometimes. My mom used ant traps, which we still have all over the house. We have one or two in each room, we also bout spray that we sprayed by every air vent in the house which = no ants! Try that.

I have had success by putting talcum powder where they are coming in. I tried other stuff, but this was the only thing that worked. The odd thing is that they haven't come back this year.

This is an addendum to the talcum powder post: make sure the ingredients list says talc; some say cornstarch only.

I use black pepper sprinkled in the path.

Anonymous

If you know where the ant hill is, sprinkle the cut side of cucumber peelings with salt and lay the peeling side on top of the ant hill. I don't know how, but it works every time.

I had ants once that I couldn't get rid of, I tried cinnamon, black pepper, just about everything I could think of or read about. The only thing that worked was a can of ant spray. I sprayed the kitchen counters, let it dry, then wiped down everything with soapy water, except the cracks. I didn't wash where any cracks were as that was where the ants were coming in.

Making sure areas are wiped up and clean. I had ants march in my window, across the clean counter, up the wall, to the shelf I kept the crisco on. They crawled under the lid and had a blast. So see if there are things like that they are heading for.

Mix equal parts boric acid, flour, and sugar. The sugar attracts them, the flour traps them, and the boric acid kills them. Works on all crawling insects. You can buy boric acid in most pharmacies, WalMart, and some larger grocery stores. Won't harm pets or children.