Treating Yard to Prevent Worms in Dogs

My 5 month old puppy has serious worms problems. He is being treated but how do I treat the yard? Is there something I can do to make sure the grass is "clean and safe" again? Its a big yard. Thank you.

By tiggerrific64 from Pico Rivera, CA

Lime works very well. You can buy it by the bagfuls at home improvement stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, maybe Walmart) and just spread it all over your yard. It is inexpensive and won't hurt your puppy. Darween in Ga/USA

One of the most effective ways is to clean up the waste in your yard. I have a little basket that is on wheels I bought for about 20 dollars at a flea market..it is for carting around groceries. I put a small kitchen size garbage container in that and line it with a bag. When I poop-scoop with the long handled pooper scoupers you can buy at petsmart, I put the waste in this receptacle. Looking at waste is a good way to tell if the worm problem is stopping too. Hope this helps.

Pets Dogs HealthJune 17, 2009
A dog and its owner.
Can Humans Catch Worms From Dogs?
A veterinarian holding a dog.
Remedies for Worms in Dogs
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
Kitten With Worms
Treating a Kitten With Worms
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 20, 2016 at 12:19:39 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 990 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.