Baked Feta

If you like feta you'll absolutely love this, and even if you don't like feta you might just change your mind after trying this recipe ;-)

• 8 oz. feta cheese, cut width-wise into 4 slices
  • lemon juice to taste
  • 4 center slices of a Roma tomato, about half the thickness of the feta slices
  • 4 tsp. minced garlic
  • freshly chopped oregano, to taste
  • crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
  • 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For easy cleanup, line a baking dish with aluminum foil.

Place feta slices, slightly centered in the center of the baking dish, drizzle each slice with lemon juice, place a slice of tomato on each slice of feta, evenly sprinkle each with garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, and evenly drizzle each with olive oil.

Bake uncovered until feta is soft, about 10 to 12 minutes, and serve immediately.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

This sounds wonderful!For the record I love feta! Thanks!

Feta is a new love of mine.

Feta, sounds Greek to me.

Oh, this sounds yummy! I sometimes buy feta crumbles and I wonder if I could adapt this recipe by chopping up the tomatoes. Any suggestions/comments?

Hi Maryeileen. I've never tried this recipe using crumbled feta. I would imagine the flavor would be the same using the diced tomatoes but it would definitely affect the overall texture. If you do it with the crumbles and dices I would suggest compacting the feta in the center of the baking dish and use seeded tomatoes otherwise it might end up really mushy. One more thing to keep in mind is that blocks of feta are a lot less expensive than the prepackaged crumbles. Let me know what you end up trying and how you like it. :-)

I did buy a block of feta for this recipe; however I omitted the red pepper flakes, and I used a regular tomato. I liked the flavors but it was messy. Next time I will use a Roma tomato (as the recipes says) because the regular garden-variety tomatoes have too much juice.

Baked Feta
Baked Feta Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes DairyJuly 13, 2011
Baked Beans
Baked Beans Casserole Recipes
Feta Salad with Fork
Feta Salad Recipes
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Feta Dip
Feta Spread and Dip Recipes