Small Wooden Bases For Crafts

Looking for wooden bases for a project. They need to be less than an inch in height and about 8 inches around.

Cathy from Gainesville, FL

I'm not sure exactly what you want them to look like, but when I needed something similar, I went to a local thrift shop and found Jenga games for less than a dollar. I used Elmer's glue-all to to glue enough of the blocks together, side by side, to make a base the right size. It worked nicely for what I wanted. I now pick up Jenga games cheaply whenever I can to use for other small projects. Don't forget, they can be painted too.

I have found numerous old wooden coasters/cup rests at thrift stores etc... they sound like they would be about the right size.

I also do crafts and weddings. I have found that a lazy susan works great! If it's something that is painted or glued and you need to see the other side, you don't have to pick it up, just turn the table. Works great for me! Hopes this helps

Crafts AdviceSeptember 24, 2008
Twig Wreath
Twig Wreath Bases
Wooden Spoon Deer
Wooden Spoon Reindeer Craft
A green decorative tray painted with gold leaves.
Making a Painted Wooden Tray
Wooden Santa Claus
Making a Wooden Santa Claus