Camouflage Craft Ideas for Little Boys

I am a grandmother to 4 little boys. I don't have money to buy Christmas presents, so I have made each boy camouflage pants. My grandsons are ages 2-7 and another one on the way in December. Please pass on any projects, etc. you can think of using a camouflage theme. I made my new grandson, due in December, camouflage bibs.

Thanks for any help.

How much camouflage material do you have? Plus if all the boys were in the same family, you could make a tent for them. Boys love playing inside tents. When my son was small I made a camo jacket and pants for him, just like the one I made for my DH and he loved it.

You could make them each a small backpack or bag.

Check the Fabric Department at Walmart.They have a really EASY budget pattern rack with an easy pattern for pjs--s,m,l in one pattern.Sewing on soft flannel or sports fleece is easy.This pattern has two pieces for the pants and three for the top.I made my grandson 2 pairs of pants and 4 different tops for the price of a store bought pair.If you have leftover material,sew them a throw pillow to match.

Just happened to think of something else.Do you have a store that carries military surplus in your area.There's one in the next town over from me and they have little boys camoflage tops and the army browns and greens in Tshirts for about $3 each.Hope I've been of help to you.

If you live in an area that has a lot of military bases or know of anyone in the military, ask them if you can have their old camouflage uniforms when they replace them for new ones. I have gotten camo material that way.

If you crochet you can purchase camouflage yarn at Wal-Mart and make them tobogans and gloves even scarves for the winter. For my 2 older boys I made them camouflage quilts for their beds one Christmas. You could make smaller ones for smaller boys. Camouflage book bags and book covers are good for school too.

I took some old camo uniforms and cut them in to squares and made a quilt for my son. I also made a pillow sham, and throw pillows work well too.

Great ideas posted! How about bean bag chairs using packing peanuts as stuffing? Some of your local stores are a good source to get these free as they just throw them away. There are plenty of patterns for the chairs on the internet. Another idea is a duffle bag made from used camo pants. Cut legs off below the crotch area, undue the seams from the legs and middle section, adjust and sew together. Fabric or cording of your choice put through the belt loops for the drawstring. A diaper bag can be made for the mom using this method. Just add handles made of fabric instead of cording in belt loops.

Crafts AdviceSeptember 27, 2005
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Cake with a 13 candles on it.
13th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Fawn (Baby Deer) standing in the grass.
Fawn (Baby Deer) Information and Photos
16th Birthday Cake
16th Birthday Gift Ideas for Boys