Pricing Crochet Rugs To Sell

By Lisa 1 1

Does anyone make money selling crochet rugs? Is it worth all the work? I know people who sell other handmade items and they never get paid for the actual time they spend making things. I saw a thread that said to charge by the inch or the square foot. Is that how you price yours? Or do you calculate the cost of materials and the time it takes to make them?

By Lisa from OH

Showing: Answers Sort

By Jeanne 1 1 Flag

When pricing any of my crocheting items I usually charge by the inch, plus the cost of materials & the time it takes me to make the item.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

fb566310618 Flag

My mom charges the cost of yarn and the time it takes by 2.5. so 4 hours would be 10 dollars plus the cost of yarn. It also depends on the person too. so it would be less like time by 2. She enjoys crocheting so she doesn't charge high arm an leg prices.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Handmade Crochet Bag
Selling Handmade Crochet Items
Crafts Selling CraftsMarch 5, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Throw Rug
Cleaning Throw Rugs
Decorating with Area Rugs, Cleaning a Wool Area Rug, Wool area rug on a living room floor.
Decorating with Area Rugs
Handmade Crochet Bag
Selling Handmade Crochet Items
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 1:25:39 PM on 10.0.2.113 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings