Pricing Crochet Rugs To Sell

Does anyone make money selling crochet rugs? Is it worth all the work? I know people who sell other handmade items and they never get paid for the actual time they spend making things. I saw a thread that said to charge by the inch or the square foot. Is that how you price yours? Or do you calculate the cost of materials and the time it takes to make them?

By Lisa from OH

When pricing any of my crocheting items I usually charge by the inch, plus the cost of materials & the time it takes me to make the item.

My mom charges the cost of yarn and the time it takes by 2.5. so 4 hours would be 10 dollars plus the cost of yarn. It also depends on the person too. so it would be less like time by 2. She enjoys crocheting so she doesn't charge high arm an leg prices.