Wedding Gift Ideas for Daughter

My daughter is getting married for the third time. Any suggestions for a wedding present? Thanks.

By ralphed from Middletown, NY

well, since she's done this a few times and has probably acquired quite a few of the traditional wedding standards, there's no reason for her to expect them all over again, right? so why not give her something that she might already have but would probably like some more of and a little something extra to compliment it:

-exotic spices and a thorough cookbook such as "the joy of cooking" and/or maybe a mortar and pestle

-an assortment of teas (www.stashtea.com has great gift baskets) and a french press or a new tea set

-gourmet coffeebeans and maybe a grinder or an espresso machine

-flower seeds or low-maitnence plants and some terracotta pots (they can watch their love grow with the plants... kinda cheezy, but awww!). a succulent garden might even be a nice thing to start for them.

-a bunch of cake mixes/frostings/sprinkes and a beautiful serving platter or cake dome

-gifts that keep on giving like a subscription to the New York Times (you can choose between the entire week, M-F, or "the weekender") -this might be nice to pair with the coffee for a breakfast theme- or a few good lifestyle magazines they might enjoy like gourmet, vegetarian times, real simple, etc and toss in whatever accordingly (like the spices, for example).

just a few ideas from a girl who'd like something that like, herself! heheh

good luck!

I am pretty sure I would have just said "my daughter is getting married". WTMI means "way too much information" dad. But that's just me.

Write her a letter about all the things you love about her and your wish for her happiness, put it in a beautiful card. The "present" of your presence should be plenty for any daughter!

What about one of those fireboxes to store valuables and important papers?

The best gift I received for my wedding was a hand made booklet from my Mom promising me one complete meal every week, personally delivered by her. She was a wonderful cook and we really enjoyed the meals, and the "cooks night off" every week. Dad's can mow the lawn once a week, wash the car, vacuum and dust the house, etc. if they can't cook.

If same old kitchen-- new towels, potholders et cetera to "change" things. Loved the yaycella suggestions! Don't forget subscriptions - there is something they'd like to read about I'm sure. Good luck