Hide Vegetables in Sauce

My friend is caring for her aging father-in-law, who has refused to eat most vegetables. I know this is a problem with many kids, too, and I have found a very simple solution. All you need to do is puree the vegetables and add them to a favorite dish - like spaghetti!

I recently made spaghetti for some friends and it had about 1 1/2 cups of cauliflower in the sauce. No one could taste it at all, but they got the benefits of this wonderful veggie! (Cauliflower is recommended for people fighting cancer.) To puree, I used a can of stewed tomatoes in the blender with the cauliflower. When it looked like sauce, I added it to my favorite spaghetti sauce. The adults wanted the recipe and the kids insisted that there were no veggies in the sauce.

By Amanda from Wichita, KS

Fruits and Vegetables
Getting Your Family to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesApril 6, 2011
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
Homemade pizaa sauce.
Pizza Sauce Recipes
Cheesecake with fresh raspberries and sauce.
Raspberry Sauce Recipes