Cheap Place for a Wedding Reception

Where can I go to have a cheap but elegant wedding reception? I am very creative and I am willing to do all the decorating myself. I am also looking for a place available for short notice (May 2007), if we have to we will also provide our own food.

Colie from Green Bay, WI

Best Answer

We rented a gazebo at a small, local park. We were able to decorate it ourselves and have food delivered and set up as we wanted it. As it was a park, alcohol was not permitted, but we didn't mind this restriction at all. If you do have your reception outside, be sure to consider this when planning your menu and the timing of the cake being delivered. Nobody likes to eat "warm" shrimp cocktail, or have the flowers melting off of the cake!

Alicia.

Best Answer

I am planning our wedding as I write this. We have rented a quality park shelter for our wedding and reception at a reasonable price.

We can have it dawn to dusk at 110.00. Our ceremony will be outside with a arch I bought at Michaels for 9.99 and I went to Walmart for tulle, vining and Ribbon.

My reception will be Indoors mainly with the option of outdoor fun for any children. Indoor shelter is my rainy day back up.

I'm decorating from my local dollar store and Michaels. My colors are pastel blues and lavender. I've bought my tablecloths, plates, cups, plastic ware and anything that is workable from dollar store. At Michaels they have $1 bins and I picked up my ribbons. a lot of my flowers for .59 to .99 each. I made my own bouquet and found favors at Michaels in their clearance bins.

Go budget hunting and you'll be surprised what you can find. In 2 weeks I've spent a whole $50.00 on all my reception ideas using double heart and love as the theme.

We are burning CDs for our own ceremony music and dance music off our computer. Being this is not our first marriage we opted to be very thrifty but elegant and comfortable. Hope these ideas help some.

Small towns with vfw's,moose,ect ect. is an option. They are for the most part cheaper too. Drive a little save a lot.

I am to soon marry my fiance. We are waiting for his pre deployment papers to finalize a date, don't want to schedule something and he wont be here! LOL But I just recently moved to Louisville, KY and I am clueless as to where I should look for a place to have our ceremony and reception in one. We will only have about 20 people there, but we want to have the dancing, eating and just have a good time. Any suggestions?

How about a local campground? Most have an activity hall or function house? Girl scout or boy scout camp? State park with a large covered picnic area? The local VFW, Elk's or Eagle's clubs around here are like $200.00 but if you know someone who is a member you can ask them to rent it in their name for you and get it cheap-cheap.

I'm looking for a place for a reception in central FL.

I need a cheap place to hold a reception the date is April 26,2008 for about 150-200 people will provide private catering.

Hi I live in Conroe, TX and I need a cheap place to have my reception. I'm not sure where to have it, and don't know many places. Help

You can find a cheap wedding venue in your area on http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_categories/event_venues.html for wedding venues and locations, which may be easier for you.

Place in Hampton I can have wedding in one side and reception on the other side.

Wood crate with "Just Married" written on it.
Cheap Locations for a Wedding Reception
Weddings ReceptionDecember 6, 2006
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
🎉
🎄