Spider Plant Leaf Tips Turn Brown

Why do some say I'm over watering my spider plants because the leaves and babies are brown, and some say under watering? Which is it?

By Kitty from Indianapolis, IN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Here is a link... all about spider plants:

http://www.suit  er-plants-a34831

Actually, it is neither over watering or under watering that causes the leave tips to turn brown. Spider plants do like lots of water, but they need to dry out between watering. They have a great root system that holds plenty of water for them. If you over water, the roots will rot. I find it pretty hard to underwater. I just check the soil and when it's dry (about once a week) i water with distilled water. However, I do mist mine with a water bottle daily as they don't like the dry air in my house. To avoid leaves turning brown, water them with distilled water. It's the chemicals in tap water that cause the tips to turn.

you can also tell if they need water, they actually fade.

Spider Plant on White Background
Growing Spider Plants
Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsNovember 11, 2010
damage to chard leaf
Controlling Leaf Miners
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:20:41 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.