Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

What breed is my dog? (Golden Retriever and German Shepard Mix)

Pin It
Tan Shepherd

What type of dog is she?

Janet

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Snowlion57 [1]03/21/2014

I have a male I got from the pound they could be twins
I was told he was long haired Belgin malinois created in Australia and shipped to the US in the 90s There seems to be more and more of them heres a pick of Bruteus

By Angela12/22/2010

I have to say we have twins. I rescued her from SPCA the vet said she was a mix german/retriever. But I have seen some Canaan dogs that look similar.

RE: What breed is my dog? (Golden Retriever and German Shepard Mix)

By Alex12/22/2010

It's either called a Golden Shepherd or a German Retriever.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: What breed is my dog? (Golden Retriever and German Shepard Mix)

l ***

*** What type of dog is she?

Janet

RE: What breed is my dog?

There's a website that may help you find what breed your dog is. It's dogbreedz.com. I looked and thought your dog resembled the Canaan dog. If you look though you may find what kind she is. Good luck. She sure is pretty! (06/03/2007)

By Darlene

RE: What breed is my dog?

I think your dog is at least part German Shepherd. The rest could be possible Golden Retriever or some other long haired breed. Your vet can tell you better. It's a beautiful dog. Looks like a dog I had. (06/03/2007)

By Stngray

RE: What breed is my dog?

Your dog looks a lot like my Angel who is German Shepherd and Australian Shepherd. (06/04/2007)

By rsheets

RE: What breed is my dog?

Looks like Shepherd/Golden or Shepherd/Collie. Pretty girl, looks like soft hair, sweet face. (06/05/2007)

By Kim Ch

RE: What breed is my dog?

Looks like a Belgian Tervuren (spelling?) to me. Look it up on the web. Beautiful dog. If not, at least some sort of Shepherd mix. (06/05/2007)

By Robin

RE: What breed is my dog?

Maybe a Belgian Shepherd. Very wonderful dog! (06/05/2007)

By Allison

RE: What breed is my dog?

Here's another website (http://www.mmigenomics.com/CHBTKits/order.php) that can determine the breed of your dog. It does cost (about $72), but they send you a DNA kit to use and send back in; they then send you the results. You might have seen it on the Today show on NBC. I decided to do it for my dog since she was a stray with unknown parents; haven't gotten the results back yet, but it was easy getting the DNA sample to send in. (06/05/2007)

By Lynn from Calif.

RE: What breed is my dog?

She's beautiful!I would tend to agree with the Golden Retriever/German Shepard cross, or else a Belgian Malinois, which can come with a longer coat. (06/06/2007)

I have seen everyone's dog on this site and I have to say my dog looks very similar to them. This is Milo, he is a German Shepherd/Golden Retriever/Lab mix. My boyfriend and I adopted him from the Humane Society in Fort Lauderdale FL. He is very energetic and loves to play and go for long walks. He is somewhat hard to train due to his short attention span, but we will always love him. I have fallen in love with this breed/mix. (09/06/2008)

By Amy

I have a German Shepherd Golden Retriever mix. My husband likes to say he is a German Retriever. He is the greatest dog we love him so much. Here is a picture of our handsome Barley. (02/15/2009)

By Elizabeth

Your dog is a Belgian Shepherd. (02/18/2009)

By Carma

She looks like a Belgian Tervuren: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Shepherd_Dog_(Tervuren) which is a long haired version of the Belgian Malinois - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Malinois (the image below is from wikipedia) (04/21/2009)

By agentofkhaos

Looks like Golden/Shepherd to me. Here's a pic of my dog Fred who is the same breed. (11/28/2009)

By Kerry3265

To me she looks like a Belgian Malinois, or possibly a Belgian Shepherd, they have the same coloring as the Malinois and German Shepherd, but longer hair. (12/14/2009)

By Hursh009