Craft Project: Cardboard Christmas Tree
Our 2009 Christmas tree. We always seem to have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. But this year we made it out of cardboard, glue and a little paint. I think it might be the best tree ever!
Approximate Time: 2 hours
- Large Cardboard box
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Glitter glue
- Gold glitter
- Old wreath
- Large soup or sauce can
- I took a cardboard box and made it as big as possible. Then cut out a Christmas tree shape.
- Make a slit in the center of one of the trees, make a slit in the other tree on the top and bottom.
slide the tree with two slits into the tree with one slit. (this will take some bending of the cardboard)
- Paint green (or any color yo would like)
- While the tree is drying cut up your wreath or garland. (I used the wire kind)
- Hot glue the garland or wreath pieces you just cut on the edges of the tree.
- Use the craft glue or glitter glue to spread a layer on each tree piece, then sprinkle with glitter and leftover pieces of the greenery.
- Put tree in sauce or soup can. Place in stand.
By Becca from Clarksville, TN
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide