Button Jewelry

I would like to make some bracelets with vintage buttons. Does anyone have instructions or ideas?

By Jane from NE

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I took a piece of inch wide elastic that I salvaged out of some of my son's old sweatpants, and sewed it into a circle. I then sewed buttons all over the elastic. I used vintage buttons in shades of brown and cream with a few metal buttons tossed in for good measure. It is really attractive and I always get tons of compliments when I wear it.

Best Answer

I have made 3 bracelets using medium link chain and then attaching shank type metal buttons to it with split jump rings, then adding a toggle clasp when finished. It's takes awhile to make them, and it also uses a lot of buttons, but they are really cute bracelets and nice gifts for someone. My bracelets are posted here at T/F if you would like to see them. :-)

Thanks,

CDC

Thank you very much.

Vintage Button Bracelet
Making Button Bracelets
Crafts JewelrySeptember 15, 2010
plate of cherry topped cookies
Bachelor Button Cookie Recipes
Making Button Jewelry
Making Button Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Costume Jewelry
Cleaning Costume Jewelry
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 9:40:21 AM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.