Craft Project: Recycled Round Frame
Recycle the lid from a margarine tub to make a round frame for a picture.
Approximate Time: About half an hour, not counting drying time.
- Plastic lid from one pound margarine tub
- Dry beans, such as navy beans
- Spray paint
- Favourite picture, at least 4 1/4 inches in diameter
- Scrap of string
- Glue gun
- With lid right side up, and doing a few at a time, glue a row of beans close together just inside the rim of the lid.
- Make a round cardboard template that will fit inside the row of beans.
- Use it as a pattern to cut out the picture. Center it on the lid and glue in place.
- Now use the template to protect the picture while you spray paint the frame. (A good way to spray paint small items such as this is to stand a big cardboard box on its side, put the item inside and then spray inside the box so no paint gets on anything else.)
- When the paint is dry, remove the protective template.
- Make a string loop for hanging and glue it to the back of your picture.
By preserver from Winnipeg MB
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 21, 2017 at 5:11:13 AM on 10.0.1.62 in 853 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us