Cornmeal Skin Cleanser

This tip will give you soft, beautiful skin; it's a little messy, but it's well worth it. Place one cup of coarse cornmeal into a plastic cup. Pour a little water on the cornmeal so that the cornmeal will absorb the water. Get into the shower and soap yourself up with a soft soap like Dove. Rub the cornmeal all over your body - go gently on your face. Afterward, hose down yourself and the shower (which will take a little effort) you will find you have glowing, soft skin. And any redness will go away before you awake in the morning. Do this once a week, and in between, throw a couple of cups of baking soda into your bath water and soak for 5 minutes. Your skin will feel soft and that softness will not wash off. Do not rub cornmeal over skin that is broken out, just soak in baking soda.

I had very dry, itchy skin when I was a teenager. I was not allowed to take vitamins, or eat fruits and vegetables other than potatoes and canned skinless peaches. I tried everything in the kitchen to help my skin. Cornmeal was the best. Tomatoes the worst.

By LillieStone from Pembroke Pines, FL

August 23, 2010 Flag

Add a little cornmeal to your soap to help clean out pores and to make a mild abrasive skin cleaner.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Make Your Own SoapAugust 23, 2010
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Cornmeal
Hot Cornmeal Cereal Recipes
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
rectangles of fried mush with garnish
Fried Cornmeal Mush Recipes
🎉
🎄