Cornmeal Skin Cleanser

This tip will give you soft, beautiful skin; it's a little messy, but it's well worth it. Place one cup of coarse cornmeal into a plastic cup. Pour a little water on the cornmeal so that the cornmeal will absorb the water. Get into the shower and soap yourself up with a soft soap like Dove. Rub the cornmeal all over your body - go gently on your face. Afterward, hose down yourself and the shower (which will take a little effort) you will find you have glowing, soft skin. And any redness will go away before you awake in the morning. Do this once a week, and in between, throw a couple of cups of baking soda into your bath water and soak for 5 minutes. Your skin will feel soft and that softness will not wash off. Do not rub cornmeal over skin that is broken out, just soak in baking soda.

I had very dry, itchy skin when I was a teenager. I was not allowed to take vitamins, or eat fruits and vegetables other than potatoes and canned skinless peaches. I tried everything in the kitchen to help my skin. Cornmeal was the best. Tomatoes the worst.

By LillieStone from Pembroke Pines, FL

August 23, 2010 Flag

Add a little cornmeal to your soap to help clean out pores and to make a mild abrasive skin cleaner.

Make Your Own SoapAugust 23, 2010
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Hot Cornmeal Cereal Recipes
A woman cleaning her face with skin toner.
Homemade Skin Toner
rectangles of fried mush with garnish
Fried Cornmeal Mush Recipes