I Haven't Bought Crumbs in Years

I have a zip type bag in my freezer that I put in the ends of loaves of bread that go uneaten, stale bread, the crumbs at the bottom of corn flakes or other non sweetened cereals bags, broken crackers, etc. When I have the time, I run them through my food processor, and then return the bag of crumbs to the freezer for the next recipe that calls for them. I haven't bought crumbs in years.

By Brigitte from Israel

This is a good idea; however I was wondering how long the crumbs keep? Do they need to be toasted?

I don't toast them. In any case when I mix them into a casserole they get wet.Maybe toasting would add a certain flavour, but it is an extra step that I might put off and end up not doing it in time and the bread would get moldy.

I have never used bread crumbs, I use crushed Kellogg's Corn Flakes, they are much tastier. I have a feeling though that the Kellogg's Corn Flakes in Australia are different from those in the US, I am not sure.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsSeptember 19, 2006
Cracker Crumbs on Wooden Cutting Board
Using Cracker Crumbs
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
A sundae made with a brownie and ice cream.
Uses for Brownies (and Brownie Crumbs)
Homemade Bread Crumbs
Homemade Bread Crumbs
🎄