Beautiful Fall Foliage

I ran across this beautiful fall foliage in Minnesota the other day. These trees are normally a burgandy to green color, but have turned red in the fall. Can anybody tell me what type of tree this is? They look to be about 4-5 feet tall and 3-4 feet wide, with no trimming needed. The leaves are oval shaped, being about 1 to 1 1/2 long. Some (not all) of the branches almost look like a stalk of Rhubarb, and feel sort of crispy to the touch. There are not any thorns on them, I've been asked that before. Thanks in advance!

By Julie from North Dakota

Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves

Looks like a burning bush. (shrug)

~Wendola~

looks like a burning bush to me also.

It looks like it could be a sumac of some kind - your description of the branches also sounds like it. A really beautiful plant in the fall.

I agree......looks like a burning bush.

They also come in dwarf size. They are a beautiful bush and even more beautiful in clumps of three or so together.

Does anyone know the botanical name for this tree please?

I'd love to put this in my garden. What type of area does the tree grow? eg, temperate, tropical, sub-tropical, etc.

Thanks in advance

Wendy

My guess is the same as other posters.Burning bush.They look like the same bush I have planted around my house.If you have some leaves or I guess the pics will do take them to a green house for another opinion.

Looks like a Burning Bush, to me. Burning Bush is always bright red in fall. Those were great photos-it was easy to identify.

I thought I was right on the name of the bush. I just wanted everyone else to confirm it. ;-)

Here is all the information on what I can find out.

~Wendola~ aka Wendy

http://www.bhg.com/bhg/plantfinder/ ... gingServlet.dyn&_requestid=81362

Does anyone know what these trees are? Can they grow in Columbia, Sc, middle of state? : )

Hi - didn't know there was anyone else fron ND on here. I leave on the eastern edge of the state, kinda halfway between Canada and SD. Where in Minnesota did you see this? Where are from in ND?

Autumn Trees
Photos of Autumn Trees
Home and Garden Gardening TreesOctober 11, 2006
Autumn leaves, pumpkin, apple, and other elements of a fall centerpiece.
Fall Centerpiece Ideas
Fall Leaves on White Background
Decorating with Fall Leaves
Perennials
Cutting Back Perennials in the Fall
coral bell foliage
Choosing Foliage Plants
🎄