Browsing: Halloween Party Food Ideas

Gross, Yucky, Creepy Halloween Recipes

My kids are having a Halloween party this year. I was hoping that someone might have some gruesome, gory, or creepy food recipes. I have looked at several sites but it seems that most have the same ones over and over again...

Delaine in GA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I've seen cupcakes with gummy worms on them. ALMOST enough to keep me from eating a cupcake! Also once a long time ago in our youth group they turned out all the lights and we sat in a circle while they read a scary story and passed around paper cups of things we were supposed to feel. When they talked about the man's hair they had corn silk in the cup, the next cup had grapes in it and it was about his eyeballs. Maybe this would start you thinking about some ideas. Good luck.

Last Year for Halloween I made devilled eggs. After cooking the eggs (most of the way, until they are firm.) I removed them from the pot and rolled them across the counter to crackle the shells. Then I placed them back in the water to which I added a large amount of red food coloring. When they were completely done I removed them from the water and let them cool. Upon deviling I added a little blue coloring to the yolk mixture and a sliced black olive to the top. Arranged on a platter they make a great representation of bloodshot eyeballs.

Additionally I made "ladies' fingers". I made meatballs in the shape of fingers and inserted an almond into the tip. After cooking and glazing with Sweet and sour sauce (preferably something red) they look quite gruesome.

An old microwave recipe I used to make for regular parties was crunchy breadsticks wrapped in bacon strips and then rolled in parmesean cheese... I did these for a halloween party once and labeled them as skin and bones...really grossed people out but the food was good. We also bought pasta made with squid ink (the taste was normal - just black color) and put it in red sauce...called it Medusa's hair.

We aslo made stew with veggies and chunks of meat and sausage and called it "greasy grimy gopher guts" - the food was normal, it was the creative naming that made it gruesome...

Have fun!

For one of our halloween parties, we had a floating hand in our punch bowl. A day or two prior to our party, I cleaned both the inside and outside of a rubber glove, then filled it with punch, secured the end tightly so that it wouldn't leak and then froze it. I layed it in the freezer with the fingers slightly separated and bent. When I made the punch, I removed the rubber glove and put the frozen hand in the punch. Using punch of a different color really makes the hand stand out in the punchbowl.

A gross food item you could make is "Kitty Litter". You put unwrapped tootsie rolls in a bowl of granola.

Also along those lines, here's a gross game you can play. Blindfold the kids, put their hand in a CLEAN potty chair and tell them to squeeze whatever they find. Inside you've placed a peeled banana! The ultimate gross out!!

A couple of years ago I bought a hollow skull from Walmart. I took it home and washed it out very well. Then made spaghetti. I put lots of sauce in a pan and added blue food dye until my sauce turned a purple/red color. I mixed the noodles with the sauce and placed it all inside my skull head. My kids thought it looked neat, "just like brains". Then before I served dinner I tipped the skull over on its side, on a plate and it looked like brains oozing out of a head.

We also used the skull to make jello in. That looked very strange.

Try this site: http://www.justkidsrecipes.com/inxkgr.html lots of neat stuff

For a Halloween prank, you might have the children be blindfolded and place their hands in a bowl of cold grapes. It is such an eery feel. We did it at a Halloween spooky walk event. and the children were amazed to find out the "yuky" feeling item was only a bowl of grapes

I'm not sure of what sites you've tried but here's a couple with some different refreshment ideas and recipe archives to scan over to get your imagination going:

http://www.recipesource.com/holiday/halloween/indexall.html

http://www.familyeducation.com/article/0,1120,1-3721,00.html

http://www.parents.com/other/halloween_planner.jsp

Hope this helps,

Barbara Moore

Another idea along the same lines of creepy food items when kids are blindfolded is to take freshly cooked, drained spaghetti, hot right out of the colander and put it in a deep rounded plastic bowl. Refrigerate immediately. When preparing for the party, take the cold spaghetti and gently flip it over into a shallow bowl so that the "molded" part is up. Have kids run their hands over it and tell them it's brains.

Another good one is just plain whole kiwi fruit. It's fuzziness creeps them out, especially if you tell them it's something scary.

Jello works well too, chop it all up after it's set. Tell them it's guts. You just add a little milk or cream to the cold part of the water to make it opaque. Use red, green and purple mixed together.

Hot dogs that are covered in ketchup hooked together by their casing works well for intestines. I've creeped a few adults out with these ideas too.

I made a kitty litter cake and it was so realistic we couldn't eat it. Especially loved the "turds". Kids love this kinda stuff.

Make meatballs but shape them like poops. You can add corn for an extra touch of grossness. Serve them in a bedpan with wipies.

I made a Human shape out of meatloaf and then left a scooped out section where the stomach is, and patted the scooped out meat into a patty in the shape of the scooped out section of the human body to use as the lid. I then added green olives sliced for the eyes and almonds slivers for the teeth. I baked at regular temp for a meatloaf. On top of the stove I made some spaghetti with sauce, to serve as the guts. When the meatloaf, cadaver was done spooned the spaghetti/sauce into the scooped out section of the cadaver and put the meat lid on it. Served on a plate and told a creepy story about a cadaver that me the mad scientist needed help with. My family loved it even my 70 year old mother.

If you use grapes for eyeballs, don't forget to peel them. They are much slimier that way.

I got one for you... I laughed so hard when I heard this. Get an unused bed pan. Put yellow jello with baby ruths in it!! So Gross but Fun!

Cut the rind off of a couple chilled watermelons and present the red pieces as chunks of chilled flesh.

Mr. Blue's Toilet Bowl Punch

Get some blue koolaid and make it up.

Put Hershey's kisses in an ice cube tray, one for each section. Then add water. Freeze.

Add your "poop" ice cubes to blue koolaid, and there you have it, toilet bowl punch.

Barf!--cream corn and peas.

THIS ISN'T A FOOD RECIPE..BUT FOR DECORATION, TAKE A GLASS JAR FILL IT WITH WATER AND A FEW DROPS OF RED FOOD COLORING, ADD A FEW PLASTIC BODY PARTS, EAR,NOSE,FINGER

OR MAYBE A GLOW IN THE DARK FACE MASK

A dish of dirt (chocolate pudding) with creepy, crawly gummy worms is always a hit.

Dee

http://www.fun-theme-party-ideas.com/halloween-party.html

Your fun party ideas can earn you $100 in party supplies!

http://www.fun-theme-party-ideas.com/theme-party-ideas-contest.html

This is just in time for Hallowe'en - try it if you dare!!!!!! And if you have a strong stomach!!!

Read the ingredients first, then scroll down to see the finished product.

Apparently it's completely edible and quite tasty .... from what I've heard.

CAKE INGREDIENTS:

1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix

1 box of white cake mix

1 packag e white sandwich cookies

1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix

A few drops green food coloring

12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"

1 NEW cat-litter box

1 NEW cat-litter box liner

1 NEW pooper scooper

1) Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food colouring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

2) When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist, but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

3) Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape

the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

4) Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper. Enjoy!

These are all good recipes but I have a good one too. Put Mountain Dew Soda in a punch bowl, then add globs of pink sherbet to the bowl. Freeze water in non-powdered gloves and then when they are frozen, peel back the glove, revealing the frozen hand...break off a icecube finger and put it in a drink. TASTES GREAT AND THE KIDS WILL LOVE IT!

Well I'm going to have a party in like...10 days for my birthday, and i'm going to play fear factor. What I'm doing is i'm going to blind fold the people, and then mix baby food, mushed banana, parmesan cheese, and crumpled up chips, and make then stick their hand in it, and make them eat it perhaps.

Once, a long time ago I had a book report with my friend to do and as extra credit we decided to make a "creepy food" to go with our scary book and puppet show to hand out to the class. Let's say it invovled green jello mix, fluff, butter, popcorn, and lots of grossed out kids!

I had a GREAT sweet 16 birthday. We got ina circl and we passed paper bags around and everyone had to guess the items in the bag. We had a manicotti noodle with sour cream and grape jelly,(intestine) so when everyone pulled their hand out they had gross stuff on their hand that really creeped them out! lol....We also had a canned pear half (tongue) and my cousin screamed when he put his hand in the bag. Hope I helped!

We have a huge Halloween party every year and one of the favorite foods on the kids' table is Monster Toes. Just take a package of cocktail weiners and cut a 90 degree 'fingernail notch' in the tip of each one. Starting about 1/3 of the way down from the 'notch', wrap each of the weiners with a 3/4 inch wide X 5 inch long strip of flour tortilla, layering as you go down like you would wrap an Ace bandage. Secure with toothpick and bake at 350 for 8 minutes. (Just long enough to warm through.) Remove from oven and place a small dollop of ketchup into each 'finger notch' to give the appearance of blood. The kids love them and so will you! They dissappear really fast.

Take cherry tomatoes, cut a small piece off the ends, add a little cream cheese, and give it a little squeeze and you have zits!

I love these recipes, and here's one of my own: toast a English muffin, and add pizza sauce and cheese strips. Mummy pizzas! Add olive "eyes" and corn "teeth." perfect for kids!

You should get a new kitty litter box and a new kitty litter scooper and then get smashed up vanilla wafers and put them in the box and then get tootsie rolls or chocolate chunks and put them in the box too. It really looks like cats made a mess.

http://www.halloweenrecipes101.com

There is a site called the http://mistycauldron.com They have a recipe's page with some interesting ones.

How about Maggot Burgers and Bones and Blood? Both are gross but tasty:

http://www.dailymunch.com/holidays/halloween/

Here is a fun recipe. And they really do look like eyeballs!

cleverkidsparty.com/halloweenpartyfood.html

Dried apple rings

Dried apricots

Raisins

1) For each eyeball, flatten 1 dried apple ring with the palm of your hand.

2) Slice a dried apricot through the middle so that you end up with two circular halves. Press a half, sticky side down, onto the center of an apple ring, covering the hole.

3) For pupils, use kitchen scissors to cut a raisin in two, and press a half, sticky side down, onto the apricots.

Halloween Party Food Ideas
Halloween Party Food Ideas
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays HalloweenSeptember 20, 2004
Halloween Poems
Halloween Poems
A photo of a grim reaper halloween decoration.
Scary Halloween Decorations
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
A cupcake decorated to look like a black spider.
Making Spider Cupcakes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 9:12:26 PM on 10.0.2.61 in 9 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.