Browsing: Removing Sticky Grease Residue from Pans

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Sticky Grease Residue from Pans

Sticky residue on pots, pans, and baking trays may result from grease buildup. This guide offers suggestions to clean the sticky grease residue from cookware.

Woman cleaning greasy frying pan.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 27, 2011 Flag

I have expensive Calphalon cookware. When using it, I get grease stains on the bottom and sides. I have purchased the Calphalon Dormond cleaner. That does not work. I have tried everything. Please help, I hate cooked on grease.

By Renae from DeBerry, TX

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Dawn Power Dissolver. It is a spray. I have seen it at Walmart. We used it to clean broaster baskets at the deli. Amazing stuff.

Best Answer

Just got back from a festival with my NEW deep fryer. Washed the "washable" parts in the dishwasher. They came out with this THICK, tacky grease yuck on them! Hope this does the trick. Thank you!

When I get cooked on grease on the outside of my pans, I just put a squirt of dishwashing detergent on the area and rub a little with the dishcloth, than rinse under really hot water, and the cookd on grease is gone.

Eazy off oven cleaner will do it.

March 21, 2006 Flag

Please help me remove baked Pam residue from a regular cookie sheet (NOT nonstick).

Thanks,
Susie Whorley from Chapel Hill, NC

Best Answer

Try using SOS pads. They work!

Best Answer

Barkeepers's friend....all I can say!

I used a product called Bon Ami on my non-stick cookie sheet. It is a powdered cleanser similar to Comet but it doesn't scratch. Sprinkle it on the damp surface and use a wet sponge with the non-scratch scrubber side. It wasn't that hard to remove. If I had cleaned it this way right after cooking it probably would have been even easier.

After trying many ways to remove the spray and grease from my cookie sheet. I poured enough vinegar in the cookie sheet to cover the bottom and placed it in a 250° oven for 25 minutes. I scraped the cookie sheet with a spatula and it just come off the bottom in yellow sheets. With a little elbow grease the corners came clean and it looks new again.

Read More Answers...

September 17, 2009 Flag

Anyone out there know how to get rid of the sticky film on frying pans after using an oil spray? Thanks. This is after you have already washed the pans.

By Coolmom from Flint, MI

Best Answer

If the skillet doesn't have a non-stick surface, you can use a Brillo or SOS pad.

Best Answer

I have tried vinegar, baking soda, soap and nothing seems to work, so I use a Stanley scraper and it works fine. The only problem, except for being a bit time consuming, are the corners. Those are hard to get withou damaging non-stick finish. Otherwise, the surface remains usable. Scrape carefully so you don't remove the Teflon, though...

I use a powder called Cameo on my pans. Works great!

Try some baking soda on a sponge & a little elbow grease. Works for me!

Read More Answers...

November 2, 2010 Flag

What products/chemicals can be used to remove peanut oil from the cooking containers and utensils? When we deep fry over open burners there is a gummy substance on the outside of the pans that is hard to get off. Any suggestions?

By Alan from Suwanee, GA

Best Answer

Simple Green. It's a spray cleaner/de-greaser found in the automotive & sometimes household cleaner section of the store. You will be amazed at how fast that stuff works! You spray it on & you don't even have to let it sit or scrub very hard, it just melts the dirt & oil!

I discovered this on my old Revereware tea kettle that sits on the stove all the time & no matter how I scrubbed it or what I used on it, I never could get all the gunk & black stuff off. It was so dark, discolored & ugly, that I was at my wits end & was going to throw it away,then I decided to try the Simple Green cause I use it on everything else anyway. It blew me away how well it worked, it looks like I have a brand new kettle & I didn't have to hurt my hand (I have arthritis & carpal tunnel) scrubbing, just lightly scrubbed with a regular pot scrubber & all was gone!

Best Answer

Dawn Power Dissolver. We used this at our business but you can find it in some stores too.

If the pans are stainless steel, easy off oven cleaner will clean them.

September 5, 2013 Flag

Woman cleaning greasy frying pan.Sticky residue on pots, pans, and baking trays may result from grease buildup. This guide offers suggestions to clean the sticky grease residue from cookware.

January 27, 2011 Flag

Cooking oil was filled up in my Calphalon pot. It started boiling and spilled over the edge. Now there are yellow stains and black/brown burnt stains on the exterior of the pot. How do I clean this?

By Laurena from Houston, TX

Answers:

How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

First thing to try is baking soda. Get a washing cloth/rag, not a sponge, they 'give' too much.
Dampen and wring out as much as you can. Put the spot you want to clean right in front of you, with pot on side, so you can pour baking soda on spot and not have it fall off. Put your finger inside cloth and begin to rub. You want to have about 1/8 the inch of soda on the spot, more seems to work better. Keep scrubbing until soda is used up, moving from one area to another, adding soda as necessary.

I tried baking soda long ago and found it ineffective, but I was using it wrong; only recently have I discovered you don't want a wet cloth at all, but it has to be just a little damp and you want a lot of soda. Basically the cloth is pushing the soda around. I've used it to clean up gummed on grease around the burners of the stove [the grandsons are not tidy] and it comes up pretty quickly. (11/29/2009)

By PIKKA

How to Get Cooked-On Grease off Pans?

Try soaking the pan overnight in a sink/dishpan of hot water with 1 cup of powdered dishwasher detergent dissolved in it, then scrub with a nylon scrubby. If you cannot submerge the entire pot, do it in sections repeating with fresh solutions. If you do not have powder detergent on hand, the el cheapo brand from the dollar store works well. This method also works on baking pans with the cooking spray/Pam baked on. (12/02/2009)

By Omanana

November 2, 2010 Flag

After several instances of baking beer battered fish fillets, my cookie sheets (non stick) and my toaster oven baking pan (aluminum I think), all have a thick yellow gooey greasy residue.

November 29, 2009 Flag

What really works to clean cooked on grease off pans? It seems like I have tried everything, cream of tarter/vinegar, baking soda/vinegar, baking soda/water, Dawn and Ajax.

March 20, 2009 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenSeptember 5, 2013
Mirror
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 1, 2016 at 10:04:33 AM on 10.0.2.93 in 7 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.