Sources for Wedding Flowers

I'm trying to save money on my wedding by creating my own flower arrangements. Any ideas where I can get the flowers from?

I did a Google search for "online flower suppliers" and came back with a ton of hits!

Here's one that has a lot of links on it: ... SID=f9ef6408998560c1317858f18fa27ed7

Here's one that looks REALLY good!

Good luck and best wishes!

You may want to consider thinking outside the box. I got married in September. My attendants did not carry flowers, but candles. I found these beautiful candle flutes that resemble champagne glasses. You put a long taper candle in it and just a simple silk ribbon on the stem. It was very classy looking...AND CHEAP. I actually did my own flowers using somewhat expensive silk roses. They were about $1.00 each. I set them in a bouquet and wrapped their stems in white ribbon w/ many ribbons dangling off. I think the whole thing cost about $12.00 - not bad compared to the $500.00 bouquets the local florist would do.

At my wedding(s) - I (1) went to our flower market & got flowers of the season & arranged them in florists foam in baskets I got at thrift shops & put them on the table - made my own bouquet (I now know you can get holders for that in craft stores) & bought boutonnières/corsages for the wedding party. At (2) I got bouquets for me -the bride, my sister - the matron of honor and my nieces - the bridesmaids at a florist. I got flowers from the supermarket & had my nieces collect the queen Anne's lace that was all around wild! We then made flower arrangements in all the Middle Eastern glass I had gotten from my godmother. We were in a backyard - so we bought lilies from a garden center and used them to create an altar area & then planted them in the garden afterwards!

I made corsages and bouteniers (or however it's spelled) from two dozen roses I bought at the grocery store. For my bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets, I called a florist and told her I wanted pink flowers and how much I wanted to spend and she made some pretty bouquets that were affordable. I didn't have my heart set on any certain type of flower, just the color, so being flexible paid off.

Always see if there are flower sellers/producers or wholesale flower markets near you. And buy flowers in season, which are the best buy.

Wedding table with baby's breath in gold mason jars.
Choosing Wedding Flowers
Weddings FlowersJanuary 4, 2007
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Growing your own wedding flowers.
Growing Your Own Wedding Flowers
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors