Browsing: Keeping Christmas Gifts a Secret

Hiding Gifts From Children and Other Family Members

Tips for hiding gifts from pesky and curious family members. Post your ideas.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I keep all of my bought gifts (Christmas & other) in the attic. The problem is, every time I pull down the attic stairs, it's like a magnet for my daughter to follow me up there. To be sure that she doesn't accidentally see any gifts, I hide them in suitcases, until they're ready for wrapping and giving.

By S. Dixon

Car trunk. The only problem is when it is time for "Santa" to leave these, it is usually very cold outside and you have to go out to get them!

I also hide some in my closet which is pretty inaccessible.

I think disguising them until wrapping time is a good idea.

My all time hit was the box the artificial Christmas tree came in. Of course, it also helped that the box was over the washer and dryer... like anyone would go near there. hee hee!!

I have found that stashing things in our coolers that we use during the summer for camping is a great place. They are on a shelf in the garage that the kids can't easily get to and there is quite a lot of room in each of them, as long as you aren't trying to hide a bike or something.

The rolling laundry sorter works incredibly well. I use the laundry sorter for matching socks and sorting seasonal clothes. To make things neater, around Halloween, I move the sorter to my room. As ordered gifts arrive, they go into a bin designated for each person. I cover the top with unfinished sorting, folded sheet, etc to create a total lack of curiosity.

This works very well for wrapping presents as well. It is easy to see if one person needs more attention. The cart minimizes lifting and falling items and keeps everything together.

Santa and his bag whispering hush.
Keeping Christmas Gifts a Secret
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceDecember 23, 2004
girl looking at a pimple
Hiding a Pimple
Making a Family Time Capsule
Making a Family Time Capsule
Scavenger Hunt for Gifts
Planning a Scavenger Hunt for Gifts
Money hidden in a china sugar pot.
Hiding Valuables
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 20, 2016 at 12:07:39 AM on 10.0.1.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.