Recycled CraftsCrafts

Aluminum Can, Glass Bottle, and Bottle Cap Craft Ideas

I want to make crafts out of recycled things and sell them. Everyone needs a little money now and then! How can I make things out of recycled aluminum cans, glass bottles, or bottle caps? Actually, I am interested in making things out of anything that is normally thrown into our great big American trash cans.

In Germany, recycling is just a part of life. I want to go green! I also need money for a little "nest egg", save, save! My goal is to recycle and help others. I need to make Christmas gifts too!

By Linda Gale from Pearl, MS

Hi Linda,

I want to do the same thing you are! In fact, I ordered a book today off Amazon on metal crafting. If you would like, we could collaberate together and share what ideas we come up with, you can contact me at gypsygina@gmail.com. That goes for anyone else here who is an avid crafter like Linda and I and would like to fuel our imagination with creative ideas :)

One more thing, windchimes are a very nice craft that you can do with discarded items and make them come out very unique. I once made one from driftwood and silverplate utensils with beads interspered. Another time I made a large dreamcatcher about 12" and then had bought a bunch of old keys and strung all the keys into 5 different strings that hung down. Around the dreamcatcher I put buffalo teeth and feathers. It hung total about 3 feet. It was very cool and you would not believe how many compliments I got about it.

Anyway, hope to year from you and other crafty folks :)

Gina

Oklahoma City