Planning a Child's Spa Birthday Party

My daughter is thinking of having a spa party for her birthday, but I don't know how to make facials, masks, and stuff for the party. Please someone help me.

By Selena

Best Answer

My sister had a make-up party when she was younger. We did make-up and hair, all with things we got at the dollar store. Usually dollar stores have bath products such as shower gel, bath salts, and bath fizzes that make good party favors. They also have lotions and other beauty supplies that are of a fair quality and smell nice, as well as scented candles and sometimes incense. You can also usually buy peeling or moisturizing face masks at WalMart.

Best Answer

Before there were SPAs, real everyday women used "Ponds" cold cream for their faces. You could get scarves at the dollar stores for the girls to tie up their hair like in the 40's. Walgreens have fingernail polish for a couple of dollars. Cotton balls and nail polish remover and hand creams at the $ store. Soft lights and soft music with battery operated candles ( 2/$1.00 batteries inc. 99¢ store) You didn't say how old your daughter will be. Give her a big hug and tell her Happy Birthday from GG Vi

I did a search on Google for spa ideas for teens and found a ton of ideas ~ from chocolate facials to decorating ideas. I've attached a copy of the invitation that I did for my daughter's 12th birthday party (last year). It was a huge success! We found cheap fake eyelashes & makeup & had a makeover. We ate pizza & cake. We watched the Twilight movie that was out then. It was great fun and not very expensive at all. All the decorations & goodie bag items were from the $1 store.

One of our regular members did a series of "at home" spa recipes and ideas. Here is the first article, there are 4 in all.

http://www.thri  f000923.tip.html

Good luck, I hope it is a great success.