Dishwasher Detergent for Hard Water

I live in west TX where the water is hard. I'm using a liquid dishwasher detergent. The dishwasher is not getting my dishes clean and the glasses come out hazy.

I'd like to hear from someone in Lubbock who had the same problem and found a solution; different detergent, etc. I run water from the kitchen faucet until it gets hot before I start the dishwasher, but that doesn't solve the problem. I even put vinegar in the dishwasher and that didn't help.

By Betty

Answers

Best Answer

When I lived in an area without a water softner, I poured a cup of vinegar in my rince cycle to get the hard water deposit off of the glasses.

If you are getting deposits of foodstuff on the dishes, or the dishes are simply not coming clean, it is likely a detergent problem, not actually related to the water. Try different detergents. I prefer the powders. I like Calgon, but my water is soft. Also, I previously had a cheap dishwasher that didn't have enough jets to wash the top rack dishes. Nothing made a difference in that machine except only having about half a load of dishes.